Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2010, 03:19 AM   #345
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
Yea, that's the game.. That's the game I PLAY WITHOUT ADJUSTING THE SLIDERS. Ya get that ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 03:40 AM   #346
MVP

OVR: 10

Another pass of baseball this year. Looks to be improved, but still basically the same game. Unless the reviews come out and are great I'll take a closer look at the retail version.

I really thought with the 2K series that they were headed in the right direction. I thought 2K8 was a good game and a foundation for a potentially great game, but last year's game was awful, and this doesn't seem to be better enough to warrant a purchase.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:59 AM   #347
Rookie

Grumpykore's Arena

OVR: 5

2k Baseball is back, good job guys. (posted this on 2k form board too) but OS is where i have been for years, just don't have much to say.

WOW, I just DL the DEMO on LIVE, was in shock when the game loaded up on my screen. What a difference a year makes, OMG, I'm sure all the options are toned down for the demo, but I was almost floored by the way the graphics this year just popped.

I was the phillies, just to try out yankee stadium. All has been redone, finally some sort of scoreboard to track innings and scoring. Thank you, the adds are vabriant and seemed to be alot of variety in the pull downs while pitching.

I did not fell this way last DEMO 2k9, to me last year felt really tight. But this year the swing animations are great, the throwing and all the things I saw in my 3 inning game. Basically this is one of 2k finest jobs so far to give us baseball for the 360.

Funny the first 3 picches I throw to the Yanks where wild piches. I think the new piching scheme is tight, feels right and so does the batting this year. The animations running feel different too and the fielding to the balls. I had a pop up shot sky high and seemed forever to track it down, but i will tell you all, there was no cliiping magical ball stuff, right in the glove it went, oh yeah forget to mention it was even a backhand catch from J-Roll.

Off to the game, I gave up a 2 run monster job to TEX, off of Big Joe Blanton. The came back with one from Werth in the seats, to make it a 1 run game. Overall i'm way excited and I can not wait to see more.

One thing I noticed is 2k is not lyling when they say you have to earn your way this year.

All seemed really fluid and crisp FPS to me. Lighting was off the hook, so far of what I have seen, can't wait to play another game once I get the kids to bed.

Laters, march 2nd, should be a good day for all of us or at least me.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:31 AM   #348
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

I can't hit doubles for nothing.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 02-24-2010, 05:42 AM   #349
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I dont see the demo!!! HELP!!

Any Canadians get it?
Yes.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:31 AM   #350
Pro

OVR: 12

In the Gamespot and IGN previews, didn't they say the graphics took a step back this year? Ummm...this is the best they have looked for 2K Baseball. I'm not to crazy about the dirt patches, but other than that this game looks friggin great.

I enjoyed last years demo, but then the retail game came out and so did the massive amount of bugs. That's whats holding me back on purchasing it day one. I'm defintely gonna rent it from GF, but I'm gonna wait to read some impressions on here and see what the review sites have to say.

It's great to see a full development cycle go to good use. (So far)
NY Knicks :(

Old 02-24-2010, 07:12 AM   #351
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Impressions on the demo

1)Meters and overlays are unobtrusive and well done
2)Game has the lighting back to a 2k7 standard
3)Framerate is very smooth off hitting into the infield or outfield
4)Hitting feels like it did in 2k7
5)Pitching never felt better and feels like a throwback to 2k7
6)Stadiums are very much improved(at least Yankee stadium) and ads look authentically placed minus the non REAL branding but the branding is done as if it's supposed to 'resemble' and not make you laugh...
7)Player body models are better than the Shows. But overall the player models look like ONLY a minor hd step up from last year face wise.
8)When fielding, players run and react TOO fast. needs to be more nuanced.
9)Field "throws' or 'throwing" is just again way too fast.
10)Baserunning looks to fast...
11)Though the framerate is solid and makes everything appear to go off without a hitch. This safeness this clarity that's been gone after makes the game's stiffness come out in it's animations. Players might animate better but they animate like robots waiting for their command line....

Overall? as a demo I can't play it....The ability to not change from the awful batting view(which might be the reason for such great framerates and a trick i did with 2k8 and 2k9 to make it play smoother) the fact that you can't edit a thing bothers me too. BUT that's what retail versions are for!

Come on March 2nd!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 08:20 AM   #352
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

I really like how hitting down the line feels like a double this year. The spacing and speed of the outfielders are just about right IMO.

I'm really enjoying the demo so far. Hitting seems to be a little on the easy side. I'm hoping with some slider tweaks or adjustments to the speed or difficulty will change that.

Love the variety of hits in this game.

This is a different game than MLB2K9, and props to the development team on working on improving the AI, and hitting, batting and fielding for this year's game.

I had a player on second and first with 1 out. I hit a hard grounder to third, the AI picked it up took a few steps to third and threw over to first for the double play! It was nice to see this from the AI.

The players look great!

Fielding animations look much better and you can really tell who is out there throwing the ball and fielding the play.

Can't wait for March 2nd! Looks like we are going to have 2 solid baseball games this year!

Last edited by Peter_OS; 02-24-2010 at 08:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »