Home

MLB '10: The Show Top 5 Shortstops

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Top 5 Shortstops within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #33
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Top 5 Shortstops

Seeing Reyes fielding UZR is far better than Jeter and Hanley the past three years, this seems about right.

Just as with second base, there are far more factors at these two positions other than hitting, and fielding being key.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #34
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: MLB'10:The Show Top 10 SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstl
That's not what SCEA says about player ratings. They are supposedly based on the last three years with the most recent year having the most influence. That's why Zobrist is rated so high at 2b after only one good year. Reyes' durability and other stats should have taken a hit based on that standard.
Well, I don't speak for SCEA, but I think that the fact that Jose Reyes was injured is the reason why his ratings didn't take a hit. In the last three years, his games played were 160, 159, and 36. Now I don't know the percentages SCEA uses, but if you wanted last year to take the most weight, then you'll have a starting shortstop whose durability rating would be given to sim around 73 games...

Another thing, because he only played 36 games, I would assume that since he didn't have a lot of at-bats/plate appearances, he wouldn't have a lot of data for the system to calculate any significant changes in his ratings. Now if he played 150+ games last season and still had the same combined numbers of .279/.355/.395/.750, had a drop in steals and power, and played some worst defense, then we would see him take a ratings hit in some areas.

That's my guess, but I would think it would be ridiculous for a 26-27 year old player to have his durability take a hit when in four of the past five seasons, he showed he was capable of carrying a 150 game load.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 8

The list seems pretty reasonable. I think that the top 3 are correct but not in the right order. I would probably put Hanley ahead of Reyes, but that could just be me.

Still not sure why Jimmy Rollin's stance has been incorrect for a while now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #36
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucs09
<<<<<<<< Waiting for Centerfielders.

Good list with a few slight tweaks needed but good none the less.

Soon as I send this gameplay video to GT I'll start working on the OF's
Old 02-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #37
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by antifanboy
this is a great, accurate list
And I'm sure you aren't the slightest bit biased.

Go Noles, Go Bucs, Go Pens, YNWA
Old 02-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Soon as I send this gameplay video to GT I'll start working on the OF's
Russell i just want to know will they have top ten list for pitchers and third basemen. If so i expect tim lincecum rated first and sandoval within the top ten third basemen.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #39
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Well, I don't speak for SCEA, but I think that the fact that Jose Reyes was injured is the reason why his ratings didn't take a hit. In the last three years, his games played were 160, 159, and 36. Now I don't know the percentages SCEA uses, but if you wanted last year to take the most weight, then you'll have a starting shortstop whose durability rating would be given to sim around 73 games...

Another thing, because he only played 36 games, I would assume that since he didn't have a lot of at-bats/plate appearances, he wouldn't have a lot of data for the system to calculate any significant changes in his ratings. Now if he played 150+ games last season and still had the same combined numbers of .279/.355/.395/.750, had a drop in steals and power, and played some worst defense, then we would see him take a ratings hit in some areas.

That's my guess, but I would think it would be ridiculous for a 26-27 year old player to have his durability take a hit when in four of the past five seasons, he showed he was capable of carrying a 150 game load.

This is from the official team ratings explanation: Player ratings are not done by human hands its all done by a program that looks at the players past three years with the most recent year weighing in the highest.

It seems perfectly logical for a player coming off a major injury to have durability concerns. True, in the past he was very durable but according to SCEA the most recent year weighs the highest and the most recent year was a major injury.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #40
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

how is anyone rated higher than Derek jeter (with the exception of Hanley Ramirez) is beyond me . The show goes on the production of the players last three seasons. look at jeter's past three seasons

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/play...hp?p=jeterde01

Never hit lower than 300, hit for 200 hits twice, OBP was above .360 each year, struck out 100 times once and won a gold glove.

Look at jose reyes stats now

Never hit above .300, lead the league in caught stealing twice in those three years while he did lead the league in triples and hits that same year he led the league in plate appearances. OBP never above .360. made more errors in 2 years than jeter has in 3.

Hanley is better than Jeter but Reyes certainly is not. seems to me we have a met fan as the lead produce of the show lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »