Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #225
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Ronnie from 2K confirmed the demo difficulty level is only on pro, so hitting and pitching should be more of a challange on the higher difficulty levels in the full version. I've only had a chance to play one game so far, but I didn't hit a homer or give one up yet, so I was happy about that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #226
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Ronnie from 2K confirmed the demo difficulty level is only on pro, so hitting and pitching should be more of a challange on the higher difficulty levels in the full version. I've only had a chance to play one game so far, but I didn't hit a homer or give one up yet, so I was happy about that.
I just got demolished 6-0 by the Yankees, I think I got one or two hits and drew a walk. Bastardo got dominated, too bad we can't sub pitchers. I think I'll be staying on pro for a little bit, I guess it goes back to how I've always been bad at videogames.

It looks like 2k took out fake throw in the field this year. That sucks, because I had an easy double play on a line drive to first but I flicked up on the right stick thinking I needed to make my fielder jump, instead he preloaded his throw to second and I couldn't stop the throw.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #227
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

I've downloaded the demo twice now, and each time I've gotten the "disk unreadable" error on my console when I try to play it. Is anybody else experiencing this issue? More importantly, does anybody have any advice on how to get this demo working?

Figures this would happen when I was really looking forward to playing because of all the positive feedback......My luck.

Cheers.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think this is all part of an earlier build, though. If you see the newest comparison video that VC released, there's a shot of Chase field that shows it has filled out.
Hope you are right in the long run, but just watched the comparison video again and the old overall, though resized, is still used. The early Chase Field clip seems to be pre-game, all other jumbotron views have the old overall. What annoys me about it is when its in center view during at bats. It just looks so darn odd.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:16 PM   #229
Rookie

OVR: 5

There are no words.

Seriously, the demo was amazing. Graphics and gameplay were magnificent, pitching was streamlined, fielding was good...

This will be good.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #230
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir28
Hope you are right in the long run, but just watched the comparison video again and the old overall, though resized, is still used. The early Chase Field clip seems to be pre-game, all other jumbotron views have the old overall. What annoys me about it is when its in center view during at bats. It just looks so darn odd.
I was just going to say, during other clips of the video they don't have the whole jumbo-tron covered. I also really hope in the final build they have either the whole screen covered with the stats or a different design. It would make the game look more real.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 02-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #231

OVR: 34

Apparently, 2K Ron confirmed the demo is on Pro. I'm beginning to really see the easiness in some things like stealing. I'm getting steals with little challenge. And then with pitching, batters seem to take strikes almost giving you the upper hand. In a game I played earlier today, Arod took two strikes and then swung at a high fastball. It was just too easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 04:26 PM   #232
Banned

OVR: 8

Has anyone made a manual diving catch or a manual slide in the demo? I know manual slides use to be mapped to the R stick and maybe i'm missing the timing window, but i'm totally lost on how to make a manual diving catch.

I've played about 4 games and i've had about 2 opprotunities in the IF and 2 in the OF and i've got nothing. I tried hitting X and got a throw to 3rd and i've tried moving the R stick and nothing. I seen a diving catch by the SS in the IF on a sharp hit ball, but it happened automatically. Again, maybe i'm not timing things correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »