Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #169
Pro

TheRock88's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Played it this morning and it was MUCH better than 2K9. Still saw one glitch/thing that looked like it might still be there from last year's game.

I was pitching and the batter hit a slow groundball and my first baseman ran to it while my pitcher ran to cover first. I threw a toss to my pitcher and instead of covering the base, he just stands there with the ball and doesn't move to either tag the base or tag the runner. Runner gets to first.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #170
MVP

OVR: 10

How are you guys seeing the pitching feedback?
Old 02-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #171
Banned

OVR: 20

I like what I see. I'm going with The Show for the first time since PS2 this year, so you know where my heart is. I'm really happy for you guys if this game pans out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 12:36 PM   #172
Banned

OVR: 9

I'm pretty impressed with the demo...granted I have been the worlds biggest 2k critic and my expectations for this game were not very high (like zero expectations). But after playing the demo, I think it's worth a look. I like the pitching mechanic, hitting at first seemed a little simplistic but it works....fielding seems a tad too scripted meaning it feels like the cpu is playing defense for me which is irritating. If the game plays well online I may actually purchase it, it's officially on my radar. But I have to see more.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #173
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
I'm pretty impressed with the demo...granted I have been the worlds biggest 2k critic and my expectations for this game were not very high (like zero expectations). But after playing the demo, I think it's worth a look. I like the pitching mechanic, hitting at first seemed a little simplistic but it works....fielding seems a tad too scripted meaning it feels like the cpu is playing defense for me which is irritating. If the game plays well online I may actually purchase it, it's officially on my radar. But I have to see more.
I agree but i would think like last year that we can turn off the computer making the first move for the ball giving the user more control.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #174
Pro

The only problem i have had is that when i went home on a non force out the CPU slide right beside Posada and he didnt go for the tag until well after the runner was safe. I think this means, like last years game that if your going for a non force out at home plate you will have to control the catcher and run at the runner before he makes it home.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #175
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I hope so for the sake of the game but I have only watched 2 videos and have seen 2 AI head scratching incidents already.
This one is a bit tricky (well, maybe not tricky, because what he should have done is obvious). The balls hit to the runners left and I can understand his initial reaction being to go to third (at least a quick jerk to third). If that ball gets by the pitcher, he's trying to score. Regardless for the pitcher to catch the ball and for him to just run right into an easy out is the part that I wish was done better...Rollins, at least should try and stay in a run down to see if he can't get Utley to second.

At the moment the ball is caught, he is closer to the bag than Jeter (though his momentum going to third) and it would have taken a perfect throw to get him at second...instead he's caught dead to rights at third.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #176
Rookie

OVR: 3

The game is LIGHT YEARS ahead of last year's effort.

-Save for a wonky animation here and there, the game looks and runs beautiful.

-The graphics, especially the lighting, are wonderful.

-Gameplay-wise, everything is much improved ... but there are still signs of MLB 2K9 when trying to field groundballs. For example, I hit a ball up the middle that Jeter got to and he did that awkward on-the-run throwing animation that I've hated for years now.

-Controlling your outfielders is much, much easier. They seem to have overhauled that aspect.

-I turned a gorgeous 5-4-3 double play with Polanco-Utley-Howard. There are collisions this year!!!

-Love to see every Phillie (except for Francisco) has his own batting stance.

-I had A-ROD try to steal on me, but I gunned him out with Ruiz. As Rollins was applying the tag, the game went into slow motion mode as A-Rod was about to get called out. Not sure what I think about that.

-The lack of cutscenes and replays: Does anyone know if this was specifically done for the demo?

-Home runs might be an issue. I hit solos with Utley and Howard and a grand slam with Ibanez. I love that we no longer know it's going to be a homer. I hit a shot with Victorino and thought "That's gone" only for Gardner to haul in the catch at the wall.

-One more thing that concerns me: Pitchers covering first base on ground balls. Bastardo stopped a few feet before he got to the bag and Jeter (I think) reached safely. Reminded me of 2k9. I hope this is fixed in a patch.

9/10 for the demo.

Last edited by Smitty730; 02-23-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: wrong word.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »