Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #153
Banned

OVR: 60
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Minor gripe: On a 1 out pop fly to deep left, my guy on third did not tag up.
Can someone check on this further as this is not a minor gripe if it happens too often. I recall ASB was exactly like this until I changed some ratings and THEN guys would start tagging up from third.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #154
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Yes, I read somewhere that 2K actually makes the game.

thats why its in quotations, we are meant to believe they have changed things around... so far , (although a little better), i see same ole 2k. im not tryin to be a *****, but things they patched LAST YEAR are back... im just losing hope. might be a decent game, but so was 2k9
Old 02-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 20

Unfortunately I can't embed this video because I am at work and it never works from this computer, but here is my first gameplay video from the demo. Not terribly exciting action, as I was just getting used to the controls again, etc. but there will be more to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8rrPCmXD0I

If anyone is able to embed this on the forum, please feel free to do so.

http://www.youtube.com/SportsGamingUniverse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #156
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Nadas....

">

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #157
MVP

OVR: 13

I played two quick games this morning and I am thrilled.

Every facet of this demo is an improvement over last year's game. Better still, the code in the demo is likely a month old. I imagine Visual Concepts has spent the last month fine-tuning the experience. Heck, the demo barely has any real-time presentation and the developers have said they worked to improve it.

The graphics, animation and lighting are much improved. Screens don't do the game justice; there are moments where it's beautiful. Players look great and animate well the majority of the time. Yes, there are occasional awkward transitions... but Visual Concepts covered a lot of ground between 2K9 and 2K10. Especially in the lighting department.

Fielding is significantly better than it was last year. Oh, and the slow-motion effect while throwing out a base runner trying to steal is flat-out awesome. I haven't had a single hiccup while fielding. Not one.

Some great animations are in there, too. I've seen base coaches hang their head after a big out... and I've seen them react to close calls at first. There are several different looking swings and I counted at least four different "out at first" animation routines. The god-awful robo-walk is also gone.

The defensive swing is terrific. I have struck out trying to foul a pitch off, by the way... I have also successfully lengthened the at-bat and delivered. Nothing feels better than going 0-2, battling back to 2-2 and smoking a ball into the gap. Hitting and pitching really is a "battle" this year.

I don't know how this will compare to other baseball titles. But, I do believe this will be the best title in the 2K series going all the way back to ESPN Baseball 2K4.

I woke-up hopeful this morning. Now, next week can't get here soon enough. I'm salivating.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I have to disagree there. I have struck out several just looking and this is with no slider adjustment. This is something they have fixed and it's obvious when you pitch correctly. After last year, and doing so much to try and fix that issue on my own, this demo shows they fixed the CPU swinging at everything issue.

I'm getting high counts and several batters looking at strikes. And that's just 3 games in.
yeah they take 3rd stikes, that's about it. I doubt real seriously I've ever thrown more than 10 pitches in an inning in 8 games.

All their walk ratings are D-, just like last year.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:58 AM   #159
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadasfan
Unfortunately I can't embed this video because I am at work and it never works from this computer, but here is my first gameplay video from the demo. Not terribly exciting action, as I was just getting used to the controls again, etc. but there will be more to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8rrPCmXD0I

If anyone is able to embed this on the forum, please feel free to do so.
That opposite field single you got with Jeter on what looked to be a defensive swing was a thing a beauty and brought a smile to my face. I've seen him do that so many times, it's not even funny. The player models are also phenomenal. The arms and shoulders are proportional, and I love the way they dig in at the batters box.

This game really does like exceptional.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #160
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerMagicX
yeah they take 3rd stikes, that's about it. I doubt real seriously I've ever thrown more than 10 pitches in an inning in 8 games.

All their walk ratings are D-, just like last year.
exactly AND in order to K a batter looking. it has to be almost a ball (corner nibbler). it was the same way in 2k9. i k'd people lookin in 2k9, before the patch too. big deal, its still broken. guarantee they patch it... just makes no sense that something that was patched last year, makes it into 2k10. im baffled.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »