Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
How does the new the defensive swing feel? Does it make sense when you are approaching certain counts?
I had a great situation where I was sure I was going to get a crap pitch on 0-2, and it came in just close enough to worry me, so I tapped right on the stick and (I think it was with Werth) he knocked a little looper just over the first baseman's head for a single.

Other times, I was just trying to foul it off on purpose to test the swing and I would knock slow dribblers to first or third.

Seems like a pretty good mechanic, and a faster swing than contact, it seemed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 11:28 AM   #146
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: MLB 2K10 Demo Available (360) - Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1182
Besides playing the two teams I hate the most. I think we finally have a Baseball game for the 360.

Loving the shadows. Played three games and the shadows ere differnt in all.

Bat sound. Still not the best but atleast they got rid of that horrid sound they always had.

Faces. Well, still not great.

The animations look great, from swinging to pitching to running. Still some quirks but not a problem.

I actually like the defensive swing.

So far the batting stances seem spot on.

Jersey numbers look awful. Way to big. Even in the video with the Mets & Cubs.

LOVE the batting view. I been using that view since MVP 05.
you mean, dislike.
you cant hate sports teams. they r just people doing their thing, i am sure if ryan howard saved ur moms life, or jeter was ****** your sister, you'd love those teams!

i , like you loved the view and used it in MVP 05, good catch.

also, i can sniff a little things thread coming.

hip hip, jorgeeeee!

i LOVE the batter walk up stats
CAREER VS PETTITE!

Last edited by econoodle; 02-23-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #147
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Most things I've felt have been touched on but here's a couple things I noticed.
I had a 3-0 count with swisher I think it was and in the top right corner it said he was a .445 hitter with 1 hr with a 3-0 count. Took a strike and it adjusted to .370 with 2 hr in a 3-1 count. Thought that was pretty cool. One bad thong I saw: caught in a pickle shoulda been out by a mile at second but jeter slid around the tag and the second baseman just stood there. This happened alot in 2k9 which is kind of a bummer.
All in all though liked what I've seen.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #148

OVR: 34

That pitch analyzer is nice. I didn't realize you could zoom in on it, play it in slow motion and even change the camera. Not bad at all. Nice touch.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:34 AM   #149
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
Most things I've felt have been touched on but here's a couple things I noticed.
I had a 3-0 count with swisher I think it was and in the top right corner it said he was a .445 hitter with 1 hr with a 3-0 count. Took a strike and it adjusted to .370 with 2 hr in a 3-1 count. Thought that was pretty cool. One bad thong I saw: caught in a pickle shoulda been out by a mile at second but jeter slid around the tag and the second baseman just stood there. This happened alot in 2k9 which is kind of a bummer.
Hate bad thongs lol. JK nice impressions I'm about to try it myself.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:39 AM   #150
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

IMO the pitch/hitter battles are well done and fixed from last year and this is on default. So I'm optimistic that this can be nailed down.

Played 1 game. I was Halladay and the Yanks threw CC. Victorino had the only hit in the game that ended up 0-0 after 3 innings. CC threw 40+ pitches and Halladay threw around 36. Maybe that's a little low but I found the pitching to be a good test using Breakpoint and most importantly throwing to the catcher's suggestions or at least in the same vicinity.

The catcher suggestions are much better this year and more aligned with the hitter's weak spots/pitches.

Other positives:

The colors don't seem washed out.
Hitter's Eye is great
I actually like the batter camera
Outfield play
Presentation

Opportunities for improvement:

-2k needs to redo all of the infielder animations for next year. They're very jerky and twitchy. See FIFA 10, NHL 10, or Backbreaker to understand the importance of physics and weight and how to implement them into a game.

The 1st baseman to pitcher covering first is appalling to watch. Maybe the silver lining is that the INF Speed slider will help smooth this out.

One other thing I did notice was Posada swinging on a 3-0 curveball. This is not good and/or realistic IMO.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #151
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty

If they're wearin' "thongs"...ain't NO way in HELL... i'm gettin' this!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 11:45 AM   #152
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Trevy, If you work the plate the AI will take pitches. As for the IE Menu, I didn't noticed the D-Walk Rating because I was busy observing other things.

I brought the issue of the D-Walk Rating when it pop-up in the 1st Pitching Video 2K put-out to Ronnie @ 2k & I will follow-up with him again to see if this will be a problem

but the same could be said for 2k9. when you worked the corners, that was the ONLY time ai would take a strike.in real life almost everyone holds up on a 3-0 count regardless of location.... anyhow im really glad to hear the 2k9 angles are still in there.

and i observed the walk rating right off the bat bc i felt like the ai was taking a 2k9 approach, so i thought hmmmmm i wonder if they are all D's again? sure enough... all D

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »