Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 09:58 AM   #113
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Really liking it. Don't like I can't throw around the horn after a putout. But that's nothing. Graphics are really jaggy to me, so I'm definitely looking at PC. But I'm really liking 2k's overall menu package and presentation. It's exactly the same as NBA2k, so there's no added level of complexity. Very intuitive interface. Overall, I'm really like it. As DD said, I'm having fond memories of MVP. The gameplay is really great and pitching is more of a chore then any other baseball game before. I was all over the place with Cole Hamels and I actually really liked it! Hitting I was alte, but I think that's getting used to the batting cam. But I'm gonna roll with it, I like the angle. Yep, I'm gonna give it a go. Just praying that there are no huge bugs, like freezing Franchises. Gameplay is great, just no huge bugs,please!
Especially that swing analyzer Brian.. that's STRAIGHT out of MVP. Love it.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #114
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I havent the demo yet, but ive been in this thread and people are "buying this game" and "2k is back",etc and from what I saw in the video of the demo, its more of the same to me, i mean what are you guys seeing?

im agreein with you. in fact things i like about 2k9 are gone, the pitching angle, and the ball leaving the bat presentation, now its more like the show which is boring. also im really really concearned that the stat inlays are doin the same wonky misrepresentations, and EVERYONe is rated a D at walks just like 2k9, which causes batters to hack.... what else is still in there from last year???

overall i thinks a little better but i was on the fence about maybe gettin this, in fact i have been more excited about this than the show. but i see 'too much 2k" still.... again, not horrible, but definately NOT impressive. probably wont buy again unless i get bored of the show again
Old 02-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #115
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
A little concerned about what I saw in the video.

Batter 1: 1 Pitch flyout to center
Batter 2: 1 Pitch line drive hit to center
Batter 3: Had more pitches but the first one was a pitch out, then the runner stole on the second so there was no swinging, then the batter immidiatley swung on the next pitch , flyout to center
Batter 4: 1 pitch single to center
Then batter 5 actually walked but his at bat seemed out of place with the rest of them but does anyone else see my point?
I just watched Chubby Banana's video, which I think is CPU vs. CPU and this crossed my mind. I think 3 of the first 4 hitters swung at the first pitch and put it in play and then the 4th guy worked a drawn out walk....However the pitches they were swinging at did seem to be very hittable pitches.

Then I read FindingHomers post about them hacking away at 3-0 pitches and my concerns grew.

I think this was game killer numero uno last year (at least numero tres) and had hoped (and still do since this is a demo) that this had been basically re-done). It just doesn't seem like it would take much to make most hitters in most situations take 3-0 pitches regardless of location.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #116
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Especially that swing analyzer Brian.. that's STRAIGHT out of MVP. Love it.
I was laughing at my pitch analysis. It looks like a really bad etch-a-sketch. LOL! I'm kinda laughing at how much I see that reminds me of MVP. They had Brinkman and the game didn't become MVP. Now he's gone and they are taking whole things out of MVP, so much it looks like a clone in some aspects, like the throw meters and the hitting analysis. Why didn't they do it then? It worked then, and it's working for me now..... Overall, good basis for the series to get going in the right direction. I'm buying....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #117
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm glad to see the positive impressions. Looking forward to trying it out.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 02-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #118
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I just watched Chubby Banana's video, which I think is CPU vs. CPU and this crossed my mind. I think 3 of the first 4 hitters swung at the first pitch and put it in play and then the 4th guy worked a drawn out walk....However the pitches they were swinging at did seem to be very hittable pitches.

Then I read FindingHomers post about them hacking away at 3-0 pitches and my concerns grew.

I think this was game killer numero uno last year (at least numero tres) and had hoped (and still do since this is a demo) that this had been basically re-done). It just doesn't seem like it would take much to make most hitters in most situations take 3-0 pitches regardless of location.
Trevy, If you work the plate the AI will take pitches. As for the IE Menu, I didn't noticed the D-Walk Rating because I was busy observing other things.

I brought the issue of the D-Walk Rating when it pop-up in the 1st Pitching Video 2K put-out to Ronnie @ 2k & I will follow-up with him again to see if this will be a problem.

homer, the pitching camera angle hasn't been changed. It's LOCKED for the DEMO. We were told already that Customizable Cameras are still in the game as they were in 2k9.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #119
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

One complaint is that the shadows look pretty jagged, but overall the graphics and lighting got a nice upgrade this year. So far it looks like I'll be buying it, kudos to VC
Old 02-23-2010, 10:25 AM   #120
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Trevy, If you work the plate the AI will take pitches. As for the IE Menu, I didn't noticed the D-Walk Rating because I was busy observing other things.
Yeah, I understand and definitely don't want to jump to conclusions on a two minute video. I just wish they could get 3-0 logic down. I don't want to face Jason Kendall and have him swing at 3-0 pitches...but enough already..I'll quit bitching about something I have yet to experience...moving right along to those impressions!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »