Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #105
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I was just getting ready to post this. I had to watch it twice because I thought I missed something. Seems to be a cpu slip up.
I have no idea why he threw to 3rd or why ARod then caught the ball and then threw it to first. It was the third out and the catcher never dropped the ball on the third strick.
Wait i just watched it again the ball hits the dirt before the catcher catches is.
I didnt think you could advance on a dropped 3rd strike if there is a guy on first???
Maybe since the runners were stealing the game thinks the battter can try to take first on a dropped 3rd strike???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 09:37 AM   #106
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I have no idea why he threw to 3rd or why ARod then caught the ball and then threw it to first. It was the third out and the catcher never dropped the ball on the third strick.
Wait i just watched it again the ball hits the dirt before the catcher catches is.
I didnt think you could advance on a dropped 3rd strike if there is a guy on first???
Maybe since the runners were stealing the game thinks the battter can try to take first on a dropped 3rd strike???
You can advance on a dropped third strike if a guy is on first ONLY if it's the final out.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #107
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Quick question: anyone figure out how to steal yet? I know it says LT, but all it does for me is lead off??
You have to hold down the L-Trigger...but dont do it too early or your guy will take off to early. You have to hold it down for like a second before the pitcher makes his move, so you have to time him. You will feel the controller rumble and then your guy will take off.

If you hold it too late, you will get a bad jump. Its a pretty cool system.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #108
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You can advance on a dropped third strike if a guy is on first ONLY if it's the final out.
Correct, with two outs the batter can try to make it to first with first base occupied.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:45 AM   #109
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Really liking it. Don't like I can't throw around the horn after a putout. But that's nothing. Graphics are really jaggy to me, so I'm definitely looking at PC. But I'm really liking 2k's overall menu package and presentation. It's exactly the same as NBA2k, so there's no added level of complexity. Very intuitive interface. Overall, I'm really like it. As DD said, I'm having fond memories of MVP. The gameplay is really great and pitching is more of a chore then any other baseball game before. I was all over the place with Cole Hamels and I actually really liked it! Hitting I was alte, but I think that's getting used to the batting cam. But I'm gonna roll with it, I like the angle. Yep, I'm gonna give it a go. Just praying that there are no huge bugs, like freezing Franchises. Gameplay is great, just no huge bugs,please!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
You have to hold down the L-Trigger...but dont do it too early or your guy will take off to early. You have to hold it down for like a second before the pitcher makes his move, so you have to time him. You will feel the controller rumble and then your guy will take off.

If you hold it too late, you will get a bad jump. Its a pretty cool system.
Thanks. I got it now. I agree, it is great new way of stealing. You have to time it just like they do.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #111
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

A little concerned about what I saw in the video.

Batter 1: 1 Pitch flyout to center
Batter 2: 1 Pitch line drive hit to center
Batter 3: Had more pitches but the first one was a pitch out, then the runner stole on the second so there was no swinging, then the batter immidiatley swung on the next pitch , flyout to center
Batter 4: 1 pitch single to center
Then batter 5 actually walked but his at bat seemed out of place with the rest of them but does anyone else see my point?

I havent the demo yet, but ive been in this thread and people are "buying this game" and "2k is back",etc and from what I saw in the video of the demo, its more of the same to me, i mean what are you guys seeing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #112
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

It's amusing to me how the majority of the impressions here are positive, but over at Pasta's site they are going on about how terrible it is.....no suprise there.

I just finished my first game and am quite impressed with how much better it is this year. Looks like this series is finally turning around in a positive way. It's not perfect, but it's really quite good, and should be even better once we can tweak the difficulty and cameras in the final game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »