Home

MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
The check swing never worked correctly with the Swingstick method in 2K baseball games anyways, so leaving it out was really a non-issue. The mechanics dont allow you to check your swing intuitively.
That's not true, at least for 2K9. I ended up having a lot of checked swings, and they worked as intuitively as possible. I'd start swinging, change my mind, instinctively pull back on the stick and it would generate the check swing animation. I've had them call the called strikes and balls, swinging strikes, and I've chipped the ball fair and foul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 05:28 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 19
glad to see that 2k is patching the check swing.
omitting this feature was ridiculous idea in the first place. I dont understand why this feature would be omitted.

From the videos Ive seen, it seems as though cut scenes are back, and that would be a huge disappointment.
last years real time feel to the game was a breath of fresh air.
I was probably one of the few who enjoyed last years version, once it was discovered that the majority of the problems was due to the pitcher composure sliders.

I look forward to this years PC version.
2k, all day

Last edited by tril; 02-22-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
That's not true, at least for 2K9. I ended up having a lot of checked swings, and they worked as intuitively as possible. I'd start swinging, change my mind, instinctively pull back on the stick and it would generate the check swing animation. I've had them call the called strikes and balls, swinging strikes, and I've chipped the ball fair and foul.
cosign. I think the timing may have been to difficult to pull of consistently, but it did work.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #28
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
I REALLY wanna give MLB2K a shot again this year....MLB2K7 had soooooo much potential but then it faltered (imo)...

...this preview doesn't help at all as it only leaves me 'scratching my head' once again.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc23klaid
I REALLY wanna give MLB2K a shot again this year....MLB2K7 had soooooo much potential but then it faltered (imo)...

...this preview doesn't help at all as it only leaves me 'scratching my head' once again.
That's why Blockbuster was created.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 02-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #30
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
I am super excited as onlne doesn't worry me at all and the track record is only one year deep in my eyes.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #31
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
I never expect a chicken to produce a duck egg, meaning.. Same Dev team, same weak product., i don't expect anything else..I don't think they spent enought time to have created dramatic improvments. Look at the Opening day patch for the check swing?? theyre rushing to get their yearly payday from us gamers . I'll wait for the PC version if there is one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2010, 10:33 PM   #32
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13
One more thing... I don't believe in patches, put the work in BEFORE you release the dam game... What if a gamer doesnt have the internet?? where's their patch??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »