Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Dated, 3 Innings Phillies @ Yankees

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Dated, 3 Innings Phillies @ Yankees within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Demo Dated, 3 Innings Phillies @ Yankees

Its funny too see all the cynical comments about sony wants their game too shine before they approve 2k game. The problem with these assessments are history teaches us, that 2k has always gotten their games for whatever reason to be at least a week early on the X360. Last years demo was early on the 360 as well as their hockey game, their basketball game and in 2008 as well. And for the most part this happens with EA also, multiplat games have the X360 as the lead and as a PS3 owner I go through this all the time. So now all of a sudden Sony want too protect their 1st party game. I just think you guys need to examine your statements and put it in perspective of has this been done before?
Old 02-20-2010, 02:16 PM   #50
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

^ I merely provided that suggestion as a last resort, but as I said before that, it is hardly 2K's fault in the matter (though that doesn't mean you can't lay any blame on them, since it mostly only happens to them). ESPN Major League Baseball was delayed until mid-April for Xbox, and until early May for PS2. Whatever happened there was plenty screwy, and caused a huge dent in their sales while MVP caught up with their game and got it out the door on time. Some approval issues there caused me to get an Xbox in April.

It's just weird that I predicted this to happen again, based on not only this history that I explained, but even how we're hearing about not getting screenshots approved to get Insight featurettes out the door on time. There's something that 2K and their outsourcing partners don't seem to see eye-to-eye with for whatever reason, and this has been the case for at least seven years now.

But at least the demo still comes out, I guess that's what we can get out of this in the end.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 11

Wow so PS3 users get it AFTER release. Once again 2k never fails to screw PS3 users. Well that just made my purchase easier. Was going to get the show and 2k, but since they feel like screwing me again, I think I'll pass and pick it up later on only if the reviews are great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
Wow so PS3 users get it AFTER release. Once again 2k never fails to screw PS3 users. Well that just made my purchase easier. Was going to get the show and 2k, but since they feel like screwing me again, I think I'll pass and pick it up later on only if the reviews are great.
People need to release that once 2k hands the demos to Microsoft and Sony, it is out of their control. People always blame it on the game company instead of the console company.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 02-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #53
R**k**

tazbk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
If you love baseball why wouldn't you want to try both? I have both paid for in full.
Exactly. I try both basketball games and I try both baseball games. If the NFL had two games I would try both of those as well. Just my personal preference. Only sport I don't do it for is hockey.

But since I love baseball I usually find fun in both games (usually one more than the other) but soem fun nonetheless.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #54
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
Ignorance is bliss.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 02-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #55
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebird99
I always thought it was strange that PS3 users would want both 2k and The Show.
Hell, back when there were no license restrictions, I owned about 4-5 games at a time...lol. I love baseball, the more the better! The bonus 2K has going for it is PC availability....if it's good, mods and edits can add to the replay value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #56
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Hell, back when there were no license restrictions, I owned about 4-5 games at a time...lol. I love baseball, the more the better! The bonus 2K has going for it is PC availability....if it's good, mods and edits can add to the replay value.
This. I own a PS3 and I'll be getting both this year. I love having options

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »