Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #249
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

not really into baseball but i dont like how the crowd looks...too many cloning...the show has a ton of variety in the crowds and they even have venders walking about. i even saw fans leave their seats..

i will get the PC version of this and The show for the PS3...
Old 02-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #250
Banned

OVR: 6

I agree with Jeffy about the overall look and feel of the game. I haven't played it, but you can tell by looking at it. I've tried to watch this vid at different places full screen. Youtube if you make it high def and put it full screen it runs smoother and the missed frames arent as noticeable. The player models and stadiums are completely redone. The outfielders as well. The bat and ball sounds are also much better. They completely overhauled this game as far as teh big stuff. I was watching the vid and that opposite field hit by soriano to start off is so nice. From the way the batter animates to the ball coming off the bat, to the outfielder picking it up and throwing it in. Good stuff. When the outfielder picks up the ball you can see how much more 3 dimensional and animated their player models are.

I just hope there aren't bugs and they balanced it correctly because that always seems to be the downfall with 2k is their attention to detail. They end up rushing this stuff, or just don't get that into in the nitty gritty(yes i did just say nitty gritty), and we have to wait 2 months for a patch.

2k usually does a great job of capturing a certain feel and sim elements in their games. Where they drop the ball is in the polish.

They did completely overhaul this game though. For those of you saying it looks like 2k9 have no clue what you are talking about. Other than it being a baseball game and having a similar art style, it's been rebuilt in a lot of ways. Some of the AI and animations are the same but the main things like player models and the stadiums are completely new and expanded upon.

The game "looks" much better to me. Minus some cosmetic things here and there like the numbers. I'm sure it "plays" better as well, but I'm still a bit sketchy on how much and if they really tightened up their gameplay and AI.

Last edited by kgisbeast; 02-20-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:56 AM   #251
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbeast
The game "looks" much better to me. Minus some cosmetic things here and there like the numbers. I'm sure it "plays" better as well, but I'm still a bit sketchy on how much and if they really tightened up their gameplay and AI.
This is my biggest concern as well. Its going to take a few full games to see how well cpu will respond to different situations etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #252
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Here are the 2 videos from YOUTUBE. Be sure to select 480p for comparison sake as the 2k9 video doesn't come In 720p. Should help with what jeffy is pointing out:

MLB 2K9

MLB 2K10

Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #253
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
This is my biggest concern as well. Its going to take a few full games to see how well cpu will respond to different situations etc.
Same. I hope the AI is much improved.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm really liking the new hitting view. In the past, I always struggled to get walks when at the plate. For whatever reason, I just couldn't seem to hold off and ended up swinging away most of the time because I couldn't judge pitch location. This of course resulted in a lot of strike outs and the opposing pitcher throwing a complete game on me due to a very low pitch count. Watching this video for the first time, I felt I was following the ball to the plate very well and would have had some good at-bats there.

Graphics look improved and the colors look richer and, while I can live with it, I agree with others that the jersey fonts are off.

Guess my biggest concern is that the fielding is crazy fast. Those pick off attempts look like they're in 2X speed. Again, I can live with it and maybe it will just take some getting used to (and maybe it can be adjusted with a slider), but why was this implemented in the first place? I don't recall 2K9 fielding that way. In fact, quite the opposite with those confounded slow-downs.

In any case, I liked the video and hoping for another one (and the demo!) soon. 360 owner so not much choice here anyway, but . . . looking forward to this one.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #255
MVP

OVR: 10

A lot of good comments in here, so I'll try not to repeat.

I have to say that the video looked impressive, but it's hard to get a real feel for the game - any game - after only one gameplay video. Nevertheless, I was impressed.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned are the overlays for the players as they come up to bat. The ones used in 2K9 were wrong it seemed like all the time. I had a rookie playing in his first Major League game, and the overlay stated that he "was 10th in the National League in steals last year." If they're going to be making stuff up all the time, I'd rather not have them in the game. Hopefully, these have been fixed, and those "Last season" stats overlays are accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 01:46 PM   #256
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Ok well I'm glad others are noticing that it is in fact much easier to see and judge the ball while batting in MLB 2K10.....
At least I know I'm not going nuts now....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »