Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #241
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiedler2k3
It does not work for 2K it works for GAME INFORMER, a VIDEOGAME BUSINESS, of course that everything that this sites told us if what the developers and publishers wants they to told us, he has to be cleared by 2K to post a video, dont you think that if 2K does not want to show you the jerky presentations, he has to skip it or play the game on hurry up? do you want me to show you a LOT of videos of sports game including 2K baseball, with all the presentation stuff? Videogame is a business, is all about money, remember that...
The guy who made the vid (Andrew Reiner) is a well respected, unbiased reviewer. Obviously you haven't read his blog. He's pointed out a number of flaws he's seen in the game, so you are wrong: Reiner's being honest and not just saying what 2K wants him to say or show. He has no agenda.

At least read what Reiner has said before you jump to conclusions and falsely accuse him.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-19-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 01:19 AM   #242
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Looking really promising. I'm liking what I'm reading and watching. The My Player mode has me really excited. I can't wait to see more gameplay vids. Can't wait to see how this baby turns out.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 02-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #243
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
Ya, back in 2k7 it was a pain to hit the ball online. i am going to forget 2k8. To me that was worse then 2k9. 2K9 wasnt that hard to see the ball, but this looks alot better.
2K9 had the same view, but you had to adjust the cameras to get it. The best part was that it worked online , as well. It was the fist time ever that throwing balls was not cheese, because you could take those pitches, and still have time to swing if the guy threw a strike.

The only problem was that it was too easy to paint the corners. So you could hit the corner for a strike, or let it slide just outside for a ball at will. My hope is that this game will allow for more variance, so that ball I tried to paint the corner with might slide over the plate.

But that long view was key to reading pitches in 2K9. But my real hope is that online play is as lag-free as last season.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:01 AM   #244
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
2K9 had the same view, but you had to adjust the cameras to get it. The best part was that it worked online , as well. It was the fist time ever that throwing balls was not cheese, because you could take those pitches, and still have time to swing if the guy threw a strike.

The only problem was that it was too easy to paint the corners. So you could hit the corner for a strike, or let it slide just outside for a ball at will. My hope is that this game will allow for more variance, so that ball I tried to paint the corner with might slide over the plate.

But that long view was key to reading pitches in 2K9. But my real hope is that online play is as lag-free as last season.
I played 09 and I swear I never could see the ball as far as depth/height as well as I can in 10 vids. I'm thinking it has to do with the K zone is staying up longer in 10... Maybe I'm just going nuts.?.?.?

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 02-20-2010, 02:47 AM   #245
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

I was going back and looking at gameplay vids of 2K9 to compare with the video we have of 2K10.

Both of these videos have the Cubs playing at Wrigley Field and both are day games, although the 2K9 video is more overcast and not as sunny.

Here's the 2K9 video:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/spor...y-movie-3?hd=1
(sorry, it wouldn't embed properly)

You can see some of the major problems of 2K9: The AI swings at everything, tthe animations are hitchy, batters snap into their stances, the ******** dust clouds, weird fielding camera, the pitch meter is very ugly as well as pretty much everything else on screen such as the stick figure baserunner indicators, the pitching icon is way too big, the HUGE STATE FARM wall next to the scoreboard, Soriano had a fly ball hit almost right at him and he didn't even try to put his glove up, batting coaches don't move after the inning is over, etc. etc.

And now the 2K10 video:
(make sure you choose the 720p option)

Pretty much everything looks better and improved, and although it's a shorter sample, none of the problems I mentioned from the 2K9 video are seen in the 2K10 video, except some of the animations could be smoother, but overall, it's a big improvement with a lot more polish. Also, I prefer the batting camera angle in the 2K9 video, but it's been confirmed that we'll have many camera options in 2K10.

Last edited by jeffy777; 02-20-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #246
Rookie

OVR: 2
you know after watching the 2k9 video (i didnt play 2k9 at all) 2k10 looks like a completely different game
Old 02-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #247
Banned

OVR: 32

^^ Great post, jeffy.

It's easy to see that 2K10 is going to be a much more polished game. I am feeling pretty good about it, but I am going to be picky.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #248
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

I really thought we were getting 2 innings though.VC mighta brought 2k baseball back
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »