Home

MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2010, 06:46 AM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

Speaking of youngsters:

I understand that ratings are based of the last 3 seasons with the last season weighing more than the other two (Knight said like 50-25-25...).

My question is: How does this translate to a player say....whose last year was his Rookie season? So thereīs no 2 years, 3 years from now that he has been in the majors.

That might explain why so many feel their team is underrated because the young guns on their respective team donīt have that file record compared to a player with a 8 year MLB Service.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 3

i don't understand why they even do a three year analysis. it makes no sense. logically, a game should be representative of how a player plays most recently; if a player gets injured and never pitches the same, why should he be better in the game because of the weights from his previous two years? i'm sure it's to lessen the impact of an "uncharacteristically" good or bad year, but then the game fails to accurately capture how the player is performing most recently. but anyway, the ratings will be adjusted when the season updates anyway...

as for the ratings themselves, they look...terrible. sorry, that's just my opinion.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #251
Pro

OVR: 18
Nice to see that $200+ million can not only buy you a World Series, but the #1 ranking in MLB The Show too.

Im surprised to see my Blue Jays as high as they are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 07:20 AM   #252
Rookie

brewersfan84's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings

Instead of complaining like others, I say THANKS for releasing this info to us!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:32 AM   #253
Rookie

risky's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigworm
lets face it, there will never be team ratings of any kind that everyone will be perfectly happy with. Like many have said though, these seem to be a bit 'odd' to say the least. Personally I think the Twins should be higher up (at least top 10) - but hey, the Twins never get any 'love'. Also, with the Twins the defensive rating should be higher then it is (23rd???) and pitching should probably be slightly lower. The batting should probably be moved up slightly as well. Oh well, still can't wait for the game.
I'm Happy with the Yanks rating
Old 02-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #254
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
Nice to see that $200+ million can not only buy you a World Series, but the #1 ranking in MLB The Show too.

Im surprised to see my Blue Jays as high as they are.

Not the Yankees fault that they are a money making machine due to their fans and can afford a $200 million payroll. Not the Yankees fault that the Blue Jays wasted big money on Rios and Wells. Not the Yankees fault that the Jays draw flies compared to 1992/1993.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #255
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
How are the yanks first in Pitching? the sox have better starters and bullpen. are you kidding me? no one is doubting the sox pitching this year its by far the best in the mlb and really not close with all the depth we have.

Hey Homer, how are you doing?

CC, Pettitte, AJ, Vazquez and Joba Hughes are pretty neck and neck with the Sox starting Lester, Beckett, Bucholz, D Mat and Lackey. But to say that the Sox have a better bullpen is just criminal.

Rivera is better than Papelbon. Robertson is just as good if not better than Bard but Espn wont tell you that. Robertson also got out of huge jams last year like the bases loaded no outs against the Twins in the ALDS while Bard gave up huge homeruns to the Yankees during the regular season. Joba/Hughes are a better setup option than Okajima. Aceves, Marte, etc edge out Ramirez, MDC and Saito. Nice try though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 08:53 AM   #256
All Star

OVR: 35
Indians last? Sounds about right to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »