Home

MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2010, 03:23 AM   #241
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

Stupid question: Been playing this since MLB 07 and I still dont know what attributes constitute "Defense"? Does this mean fielding?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 03:24 AM   #242
Banned

OVR: 5
How is the Red Sox offense better than the Phillies? Their offense is a MAJOR LIABILITY for them. No one with over 30 HR...Beltre, Scutaro, Cameron are all below average hitters at this point in their careers.

What a joke. Finally, MLB the show does something really stupid.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:28 AM   #243
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
How are the yanks first in Pitching? the sox have better starters and bullpen. are you kidding me? no one is doubting the sox pitching this year its by far the best in the mlb and really not close with all the depth we have.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:28 AM   #244
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3veron
Stupid question: Been playing this since MLB 07 and I still dont know what attributes constitute "Defense"? Does this mean fielding?
Perhaps it is mainly tied to fielding ability, but I think all four attributes (arm strength/accuracy, reaction, and fielding ability + blocking for catchers) are averaged. It is possible that one rating may be weighted more than others though. I don't have any other explanation.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:30 AM   #245
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
How are the yanks first in Pitching? the sox have better starters and bullpen. are you kidding me? no one is doubting the sox pitching this year its by far the best in the mlb and really not close with all the depth we have.
Debatable, and I'm assuming that the teams at the top of pitching rankings are very close to each other. It all comes down to overall for all pitchers in the pen and rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
How is the Red Sox offense better than the Phillies? Their offense is a MAJOR LIABILITY for them. No one with over 30 HR...Beltre, Scutaro, Cameron are all below average hitters at this point in their careers.

Mentioning only a couple of players gets you nowhere. You should be aware all position players on the 25-man roster are factored in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 03:50 AM   #246
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Where do you get your information? Every saber metrics system will disagree with you ten fold.

They were 4th in all of baseball last year in runs scored, and metrics has them improved in that category. Runs scored is your offensive production, and they are projected to score over 800 runs this year.

Not to mention 6 out of the 9 hitters in their lineup have averages of 20 or more HRs the last few years. With at least two more in the mid teens. That is pretty darn good. They have average or above hitters at every position that can play serious defense and a solid bench, most teams can't say that.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 02-19-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:06 AM   #247
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

What the flip? Scutaro, below average "at this point in his career"? He had the best year of his entire career last year!

Beltre was injured last season, but aside from that he's hit over 20 bombs every year in Safeco, a huge pitcher's park. Even with a two month HR drought, Ortiz hit 29, just one shy of 30.

As for the rest of the offense? Youkilis? Pedroia? Martinez? I think you're buying into some negative hype. Let's see what happens, but don't blame The Show for being accurate.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:59 AM   #248
Brazilian A's Fan

brunnoce's Arena

OVR: 31

Everything seems accurate to me(after reading russel's explanations)
We've got the worst bat in the league and a very good picthing staff....hopefully our youngsters can live up to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »