Home

MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-19-2010, 01:18 AM   #225
Pro

Mercury53's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB '10: The Show Official Team Ratings and Explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirstikealot
The M's have probably the best 1,2 punch in baseball and their ranked 19th in pitching? LOL
I would have to agree here. People seem to be vastly underrating Rowland-Smith and Ian Snell has outstanding stuff just an inability to stay focused. I won't say it is top ten, but 13th or so sounds better then 19th.
NFL - Philadelphia Eagles
MLS - Seattle Sounders

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 01:23 AM   #226
MVP

Jason_19's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
besides, you need more than one fluke season to establish yourself before making bold proclamations such as "best in baseball"
I don't need more than one season before saying things like that. When it comes to scouting players and making projections, I'm hardly ever more than slightly off. In this case, I wasn't making a projection. As far as projected stats and performance goes, I'm not fully confident in saying that they will statistically be the best in baseball. As far as potential and "stuff" goes, I am very confident in what I said. I was simply saying that I think that Lowe, White, Fields and Aardsma would comprise what I would consider to be the best late inning relievers in baseball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Seattle is a mediocre team
I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by Jason_19; 02-19-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:32 AM   #227
Rookie

OVR: 9
Mets second in defense? As a Met fan, I must say:
Da fuk?

And Sox not #1 in pitching?!?!?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:33 AM   #228
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Two years ago... 25th in ERA and 27th in WHIP
Three years back...22nd and 25th...
You guys are forgetting...it's a 3 year weighted average.

M.K.
Knight165
Players improve...new pitching coach arrives...new manager arrives...Carlos Silva had a 6.46 ERA, Batista 5.67 ERA, and Washburn had a 4.67 ERA in 2008...take them away and the numbers improve.

With that being said...it should not be based off of a weighted 3 year average...
Old 02-19-2010, 01:36 AM   #229
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_19
I don't need more than one season before saying things like that. When it comes to scouting players and making projections, I'm hardly ever more than slightly off. In this case, I wasn't making a projection. As far as projected stats and performance goes, I'm not fully confident in saying that they will statistically be the best in baseball. As far as potential and "stuff" goes, I am very confident in what I said. I was simply saying that I think that Lowe, White, Fields and Aardsma would comprise what I would consider to be the best late inning relievers in baseball.

I couldn't agree more.
I remember when Aardsma was on the White Sox and he was downright awful. What has changed to make you confident that last year wasn't simply a fluke?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #230
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftheavy
Players improve...new pitching coach arrives...new manager arrives...Carlos Silva had a 6.46 ERA, Batista 5.67 ERA, and Washburn had a 4.67 ERA in 2008...take them away and the numbers improve.

With that being said...it should not be based off of a weighted 3 year average...
The TEAM ratings aren't...per se...but in the situation Russ showed...moving Tatis onto the Cards....and that changing their position....means that each individual is a factor...and THEIR overall is a 3 year weighted average.....so it does come into effect.
I guess you can't look at those ratings as a per year/last year rating......but a possible projected rating.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #231
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Doubt it, they would be helping their new teams since their ratings went with them.

I know team ratings only include the current players on the 25-man roster given how many different team rankings I kept getting with each fantasy draft in franchise mode.
I wrote it wrong. It was meant say 3 years of rating with those guys are going to help your team ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #232
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Not really. I thought that too at first. But then I found out it is based on 3 years, with last year being more of the percentage. And you have to take in the whole pitching staff. So it it does work our about right. If they do what they did last year then I would think they would more in the 10 or higher next year. But I think Sanchez is going to have a break out year in real life, so that will help.
Sorry, I didn't realise that it was based on a 3 year average, but why would Sony do that? Teams can completely change in one off season, and when it comes to pitching, Zito and Cain the only pitchers on the Giants roster that have been there long enough to even produce a realistic 3 year average... Has it always been like this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »