Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #49
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

I love what I saw..the numbers could be smaller, but other than that, I'll be there for a first day buy. But I thought it was suppose to be 2 innings?
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 02-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
The graphics look much better this year from last last year, but the swing followthroughs look sooooooo bad
Old 02-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #51
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Much improved from 2k9. Glad I preordered. Anything not liked about the gameplay can probably be tweaked with sliders, same goes for camera view.

A list of what I didn't like:
-Framerate a little choppy (may be gameinformer's converting of the video)
-Numbers too big on jerseys (could be fixed with roster update/patch)
-Jersey name font same for every team (prob can't be fixed)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

And the bottom half of the inning....

Soriano first pitch single. Hittable pitch.

Theriot...sigh. He is not an elite hitter. He isn't even an elite SS. He sees every pitch with the batters eye. Again, hoping this is because of difficulty settings.

Would have drawn a 4 pitch walk had the user been realistically patient, which is nice. The hit and run works on a slow grounder which basically is a seeing eye single. Multiple hits in an inning is fine, but it has to be balanced out by innings with no hits. Hard to judge when you only get 1 inning of play. The range of hits per game was 8-10 last season; hopefully they used this statistic. A big problem with 2k9 was that it was too easy to get 20 hits a game (edit) and you never had games with only 5 or 6 hits. The end result was averaging 13 hits a game, which is way to high (edit)

Okay, I would have swung at that slider to Derrek Lee. 2nd pitch shows up on the batters eye out of the zone. a 4 pitch walk. Perez is pretty wild, and to have him get rattled with runners on is pretty true to life. And had it been me, I might have swiped at the first pitch.

User falls behind in the count with A-Ram and eventually GIDP. Very nice. CPU is smart enough to go 6-4-3 for the 2 outs and let the run score.

Marlon Byrd chases a pitch for a single. 3 hits and a walk in the inning.

User chases with Fukudome.

Batters eye is showing up a lot.

Not a lot we can go on from such a small sample, but as far as GAMEPLAY goes, I can already tell it's going to need sliders. But I figured as much.

Last edited by nld230; 02-18-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #53
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

I came away with really mixed feelings about the video. The pitcher/batter matchup DOES look great, you can tell they really worked on that. Like alot. Huge improvement.

However:
- The animations... some are good, some are awful. The Double-play looked nice, but a regular ground ball to the SS had the "sped up" animation thing happen. That looks awful.
- Soriano pickoffs/diving back - WTF? That looked really, really bad.
- The hitting camera is atrocious, but adjustable so thats fine. I thought they said it would be easier to judge if the ball is low or high in the zone... yeah thats not true at all.
- The numbers are gigantic.

Overall, I'm going to rent from Gamefly first and decide if I want to buy or not.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #54
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Can you mod uni's on the PC version? I saw a lot of good, but that really bugs me. I'm actually liking the batting camera. It could go up just a little bit, though. I'm pretty sure that can be moved with a mod. The oversped up fielding animations are something that they really need to see if they can patch. They are unnatural looking. All in all, looks pretty good. Haven't seen anything that really turns me off, save the uni's....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #55
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Game looks miles ahead of 2K9, but still has that "rough around the edges" feel to it, almost like it's in beta form or something. I have so much to say both about the good and the bad (more bad than good on a non-comparative level), but I think the best thing that comes out of this is you can really tell that VC did a lot in a year-long development cycle, and it shows. I think this series is finally going in the right direction.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 10

I liked the stats, broken down to counts after each pitch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »