Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #33
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Video was decent, there are definite improvements, but I'm pretty sure, after watching it twice, that I hate that batting view... it's like I'm watching through a scope... blech.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Gameplay Video (Mets @ Cubs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbeast
YEah from watching this I get the idea they concentrated on the pitcher and batter duels and overhauling the environments, lighting and player models. They added a ton of animations. But ironing out the fielding, baserunning and pickoff stuff might not be until next year. I can live with that though. I think the game looks extremely fun. I just tend to think the fielding and basebrunning will be a bit more arcadish. The game looks awesome to me though. I'm as excited about this game as i've been for a sports game in a while sadly enough lol.
Don't let anyone curb your enthusiasm. The series has many critics & well deserved, but if the game is fun in your eyes & you enjoy yourself while playing it that's what really matters
Old 02-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #35
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10
The numbers still look abnormal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #36
Rookie

SwinginAs12's Arena

OVR: 10
I feel terrible for Xbox360 only owners.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

ouch another step backwards.What is up with the numbers on the cubs jerseys they are way off.Did Omar Santos lose alot of weight over the winter or is that catcher his son.Also Omar is Hispanic not a white guy.The fast ball seems verrrry slow.On the foul ball in the stands nobody moves.All in all I can see why there has been very little out on this game.Personally I am going to rent it .I am happy i didn't pre order.Good Luck to those that did.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #38
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by odbman
ouch another step backwards.What is up with the numbers on the cubs jerseys they are way off.Did Omar Santos lose alot of weight over the winter or is that catcher his son.Also Omar is Hispanic not a white guy.The fast ball seems verrrry slow.On the foul ball in the stands nobody moves.All in all I can see why there has been very little out on this game.Personally I am going to rent it .I am happy i didn't pre order.Good Luck to those that did.
False, it lands up in the far corner of the screen, and you can see a small group of fans fighting for the ball.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #39
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Can someone get this on YouTube? Damn iPhone and lack of flash player. so close but, so far away. Someone help me out here.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 02-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Mets vs. Cubs *1st Gamplay video Discussion (GameInformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Not digging the hitting view at all. Pitcher looks miles away, and takes out the whole watch the pitch from the hand scenario you do in baseball.

Ironic.
I take umbrage with this statement, which is really degrading to the game.

For one, it is only constructive to "watch the pitch from the hand" if the pitching animation is realistic. My eyes were opened after seeing the pitching motions in that Japanese game, and it was something I looked for in this 2k video. I was pretty impressed with the whip of the pitcher's arm, which makes it authentic to actually pick up the ball and try to hit it.

On this point, I was disappointed that the guess pitch text indicator obscured the ball coming out of Perez' hand. This may occur only with lefties.

I was also disappointed because it did not seem to me that the pitches missed so wide or high out of the strike zone, as that Developer Insight had indicated. Although this half-inning of CPU pitching is certainly not conclusive, I would have expected Perez to miss the strike zone by a larger margin (for example, when pitching cautiously to Lee in that tight spot).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »