Home

NBA Live Needs the Dream

This is a discussion on NBA Live Needs the Dream within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live Needs the Dream

I have both games, and there are things I love in both of them. I think with extra animations that 2k have they give you more WOW type of moments. Also, 2k's association is great. But, Live as far as gameplay, graphics and atmosphere is a more enjoyable game IMO. It drives me nuts trying to break someone off the dribble in 2k, and I'm doing something I had no business doing because the controls are outdated and ridiculous. I just think that with the bad showing that Live has had the past couple of years no one wants to give the game a shot anymore. But, anyone that has actually sat down and gave Live a real chance they would understand how good the game is, anyone who hasn't played it is missing out on a great game.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:58 PM   #18
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

You can't throw a decent alley opp unless the guy is 2 feet from the rim and even then he'll brick those for no reason

The CPU can take a guy like Dwight and bring the ball up the court on a fastbreak with crossovers but there are so many fundamental things you are not capable of after seeing that, that its disgusting.

I hate how I cant drive in for a dunk or layup without being bodied up or whatever but the CPU can do a quick drive and dunk and you can't even move because the game has your feet in quicksand to contest it, or in time for that matter.

Im not so sure the fifa thing works because again this game is far too imbalanced.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #19
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Love Live Just some tweaks it will be great

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 02-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #20
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

LOL like what man?

What tweaks? How do you solve the weight issue?

How about the over excessive chest bumping and contact?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #21
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

I can get to the paint draw contact and get the and 1, It just is very difficult, maybe me and u can get a game in and I can show u a thing or 2...

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 2
Id like to start of by saying that basing the locomotion aspects of live on soccer is not a bad thing. If you know anything about sports you would know that Steve Nash plays soccer and his footwork is, Ill let you fill in those blanks. Im sure other basketball players play soccer and it only serves to improve their footwork. Live was great this year IMO just lacking some animations. If you ask me Mr.Wang just wants money and is using whatever he learned from working on Live to improve 2K playing both sides of the fence make that money baby, its recession. As ive always said these games are practically identical just different approaches. It all depends on what you prefer shot stick vs. freestyle dribble. I choose Live because its literally in the game. if you get into the motions of the players combined with the analog stick work, I actually feel like Im on the court myself. The execution factor of 2K is enjoyable Live is just more fun to play. In closing Live needs to make the usual overall improvements and try to break the bank with animations and Id be satisfied.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapdakid
I have both games, and there are things I love in both of them. I think with extra animations that 2k have they give you more WOW type of moments. Also, 2k's association is great. But, Live as far as gameplay, graphics and atmosphere is a more enjoyable game IMO. It drives me nuts trying to break someone off the dribble in 2k, and I'm doing something I had no business doing because the controls are outdated and ridiculous. I just think that with the bad showing that Live has had the past couple of years no one wants to give the game a shot anymore. But, anyone that has actually sat down and gave Live a real chance they would understand how good the game is, anyone who hasn't played it is missing out on a great game.
I agree, completely. There are definitely some things Live needs to better but for me, they're not game breakers, by any stretch. 2K, on the other hand, it's a wrap as far as my pockets go. Unless they fix the overall animation engine to give more control and ditch iso-motion, which is a joke, to me, and I don't think iso motion is going anywhere, unfortunately, they won't ever get my money again. I really like what was done with Live 10 and hope Mike Wang going back to 2K won't hinder the progress for Live 11.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #24
Staff Writer

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustahymes
Id like to start of by saying that basing the locomotion aspects of live on soccer is not a bad thing. If you know anything about sports you would know that Steve Nash plays soccer and his footwork is, Ill let you fill in those blanks. Im sure other basketball players play soccer and it only serves to improve their footwork. Live was great this year IMO just lacking some animations. If you ask me Mr.Wang just wants money and is using whatever he learned from working on Live to improve 2K playing both sides of the fence make that money baby, its recession. As ive always said these games are practically identical just different approaches. It all depends on what you prefer shot stick vs. freestyle dribble. I choose Live because its literally in the game. if you get into the motions of the players combined with the analog stick work, I actually feel like Im on the court myself. The execution factor of 2K is enjoyable Live is just more fun to play. In closing Live needs to make the usual overall improvements and try to break the bank with animations and Id be satisfied.
yeah some of the best basketball players have great soccer skills. in my article though, i was trying to state that the running styles (lengthier and longer) from soccer are a bit flawed for a basketball title. look at madden 10 and try doing a screen pass - the wr will run backwards before forwards, almost the same thing in live. interesting how they can't get this fixed when they use the same base for their games ( as it would appear).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »