Home

Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero_
Anyone else think the best way to improve Madden is to NOT making any big changes and additions and just spend all the time and effort improving what already exists in the game?

It seems like every year EA comes up with new additions to the game which only causes new problems for everyone to complain about and neglects other smaller issues which could really improve the game.

Also, it seems like anytime EA adds something new to the game, it is exaggerated in the game play. Animations such as 1-handed catches, and tackles that have WRs doing flips happen multiple times every game when they should be rare. One of the suggestions by the article is a QB rating for throwing off the back foot. It wouldn't surprise me if QBs with high ratings for that would start throwing a ridiculous amounts of their throws off their back foot and being un-sackable in every game.
If Madden 11 has everything that Madden 10 was supposed to have, and I mean things like: adaptive AI that actually adapts, ratings that actually separate the elite from the mediocre(most ratings meant nothing), presentation that surpasses 2k5, a deeper franchise mode with extended rosters in the preseason/off-season and a working IR, we will have a great football game.

I doubt that will happen though.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
if you ask me, i wish the running animations didnt suck ***
Old 02-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito78
If Madden 11 has everything that Madden 10 was supposed to have, and I mean things like: adaptive AI that actually adapts, ratings that actually separate the elite from the mediocre(most ratings meant nothing), presentation that surpasses 2k5, a deeper franchise mode with extended rosters in the preseason/off-season and a working IR, we will have a great football game.

I doubt that will happen though.
I think they have widened the gap between the superstars and the rest of the league. At least compared to previous games.

Another thing that annoys me is there is no feature that enables us to look into next years finances. Why can't I look ahead a year to see who is on the books for next year and beyond?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #52
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25
I've had a great time playing Madden this year. This is just my opinion, but I think its the best game in the series so far.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #53
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i have preached getting of the OVR rating for yrs.

also if tendencies made it into the game that would further seperate players as it stands manning is the same as brady more seperate characteristics are still needed.

also new plays are a must these plays we have been using since madden 03 at least

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 02-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #54
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well for the most part I love madden this year. Best ever. But will be even better come madden11. There is still work that need sto be done to madden 11 to make it much better then 10. But Ian and his crew will do it.
Old 02-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

If they added the Bronze/Silver/Gold tiers from Madden: Ultimate Team and brought back the weapons system from Madden 08, then we could finally say goodbye to the overall rating system.

With there being something like 40-50 different rating categories in this game, there is no reason to try to compress all that data into one magic "overall" formula.

Just let us know the player's skill set via "weapons" icons and his overall tier based on the bronze/silver/gold system and you'd simplify the scouting process a ton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 01:41 AM   #56
MVP

mburke2's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
If they added the Bronze/Silver/Gold tiers from Madden: Ultimate Team and brought back the weapons system from Madden 08, then we could finally say goodbye to the overall rating system.

With there being something like 40-50 different rating categories in this game, there is no reason to try to compress all that data into one magic "overall" formula.

Just let us know the player's skill set via "weapons" icons and his overall tier based on the bronze/silver/gold system and you'd simplify the scouting process a ton.
Overall ratings are definitely outdated and just plain useless at this point. The weapons system is the best way to go to identify which players you want to sign/draft, as the overall rating tells you very little if anything. I'm sure that most people who are veterans at this game know how to check for attributes on players that identify what their skill sets are and match what they're looking for on their team. But the AI does not do this and only signs players based on an overall rating, which leads to computer teams signing players that don't fit teams' systems, making the outcomes unrealistic. Reintroducing the weapons system and programming the AI to have teams sign the right players would make the game much more realistic, particularly in franchise mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »