Home

MLB '10: The Show Video: New Pick-off System

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video: New Pick-off System within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #49
Banned

brandon6317's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB Blog New Pick-off System Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose26
Amazing video!

But, I think it needs to be pointed out that right away, at 12 seconds into the video, the pitcher balks! I mean come on, can't the developers get it right?! Clearly his foot does not come straight down and goes a tad towards home plate. This is probably going to be a game breaker for me.

/sarcasm (just wanted to get that out of the way before somebody had a "real" complaint about it.)

Every video that's posted amazes me more than the one before it. My wife thinks I'm silly for wanting to spend a few dollars to pick up an old copy of '09 this close to the release date, but it gets harder to wait for this one every time I see this game in action.

I gotta get me some baseball!!
No that is a legal pickoff move...Every you see it you always hear people complaining about it but you are allowed for your foot to go diagnally to the plate and still pick someone off
Old 02-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #50
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Based on taking a screengrab off the trailer, I took the liberty of allowing you guys to see a nice picture comparison between MLB 09: The Show and MLB 10: The Show.

Here's a mouse-over comparison:

http://comparescreenshots.slicx.com/comparison/36387
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #51
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB '10: The Show Video: New Pick-off System

Is it the angle of the shot or did the hitting view get raised ever so slightly? The pitcher's end seems to have been lowered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 02:00 PM   #52
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Is it the angle of the shot or did the hitting view get raised ever so slightly? The pitcher's end seems to have been lowered.

It looks that way, but it is the same. The dimensions changes some at Yankee Stadium in the pics, like the grass and chalk, thus it appears that way.

But measuring the pitcher from the batter angles, etc, it is the same.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #53
Rookie

gubunko's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
It looks that way, but it is the same. The dimensions changes some at Yankee Stadium in the pics, like the grass and chalk, thus it appears that way.

But measuring the pitcher from the batter angles, etc, it is the same.
The watered down area around home plate and the darker outfield walls look to be giving the illusion, but you're right, they're the same angle. You can really tell when you scale the pictures down.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 3

excited to finally have these pickoff options in this game. As a former pitcher, I fully understand the dynamics of the pickoff game, but honestly completely neglected to hold runners and pickoff in previous games against the CPU because it seemed pre-canned and didnt really matter...

My games are going to be taking much longer now
Old 02-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
this is a small thing and maybe this isnt the right place for it but I love how they changed the scoreboard in Yankee Stadium to reflect how it looks in real life with a batter AB. In the Polanco pic on pg 5 and in the link above, you can see how it has a blown up picture with his pic and stats w/ the score and time underneath him. This is similar to the real life thing. heres a pic for reference

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose26
But, I think it needs to be pointed out that right away, at 12 seconds into the video, the pitcher balks! I mean come on, can't the developers get it right?! Clearly his foot does not come straight down and goes a tad towards home plate. This is probably going to be a game breaker for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gubunko
I just saw the video and you're right! Although, if that's Pettitte like I think it is, he's been getting away with that for years.
Actually, you guys are both wrong.
The pitcher is allowed to come down at a (maximum of) 45 degree angle if he wants to attempt a pickoff at first or third base.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »