Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 AM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: A Live Journal (Gameinformer)

I want to know why he's pitching complete games with his AA starter! And why the AI manager is allowing him to do so!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 AM   #122
Rookie

guyz, once he moved the difficulty up, he said that the computer was more selective at the plate, therefore there was a battle.

i believe with the right sliders, the balls to strikes ratio will be fine. i also think he should have played on a high difficulty from the beginning ( i guess he just got the game..)
Old 02-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: GameInformer blog - MyPlayer Hands-On

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
I doubt he was trying to play realistic baseball. Pretty obvious that he was throwing mainly strikes so batters were making contact early in the count, therefor the low pitch count.

Nothing to be concerned about in my opinion.

That's still a major problem, imo. It was a 2-1 ball game. Throwing to that much contact should produce more runs.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #124
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
That's still a major problem, imo. It was a 2-1 ball game. Throwing to that much contact should produce more runs.
Not necessarily. There are plenty of guys in the MLB who "pitch to contact." As long as he's not lobbing them over the plate and actually trying to work the corners, the results are acceptable...especially considering he's pitching in the minors.

While these can be fun to read and follow along with to find out if he runs across anything either crazy glitchy or really exciting, I wouldn't pin all your hopes or worries on anything that comes from this. Everyone plays differently and you won't truly be able to gauge details until you experience it for yourself.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #125
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
not true at all. it all depends on what type of pitches he was throwing, and the location.

as the poster said above me... some pitchers pitch for contact ( ground balls, pop flys...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #126
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

http://gameinformer.com/blogs/editor...punto-day.aspx

He posted some stuff from a simulated season. Not a whole lot though, which is why I didn't bother to make a thread for it.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #127
Rookie

As a stat junkie, I do not like those Cy Young numbers by CC. The sim for that season seems to be weighted toward offense (as supported by Sizemore's numbers). Hopefully, this is just 1 season/1 sim (far too small of a sample size to make an impression).
Old 02-12-2010, 11:12 PM   #128
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscf10
As a stat junkie, I do not like those Cy Young numbers by CC. The sim for that season seems to be weighted toward offense (as supported by Sizemore's numbers). Hopefully, this is just 1 season/1 sim (far too small of a sample size to make an impression).
Yeah, he should've simmed a handful of seasons and posted the results instead of just one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »