Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2010, 11:05 AM   #641
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Monkey
*I don't have the game yet*

How does the CPU AI handle the ball offensively? How often do they shoot, can you play 12 minutes and not get 90-105 FGA? Do they pass it around and generally make good decisions?
I think the game does a good job in this area (with the right sliders). I use 12 minute-quarters in my Bulls franchise (check the sig) and typically the FGA for each team is in the 70-80 range.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #642
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I think the game does a good job in this area (with the right sliders). I use 12 minute-quarters in my Bulls franchise (check the sig) and typically the FGA for each team is in the 70-80 range.
I'm just incapable of doing this. I have tried both pro and allstar and I just can't keep the CPU from scoring fairly quickly. I've fiddled with Sliders, mostly branching off of Pared's, but I even tried playmakers (uggh, guys were tired in 3 minutes and it was a turnover and clank fast, just ugly basketball, not my thing) and I still struggle to stop the CPU. They consistently find players under the rim for easy baskets. I have trouble stopping the ballhandler and if I play off ball it seems my AI guys lose track of their man on cuts. As a result of them scoring so many baskets, I end up playing fast too, so I can catch up or stay ahead. I have no confidence in my or my teammates ability to get a stop, so my strategy is to have as many possessions as possible to keep my offense up as well. I see people talking about having sliders for the CPU shooting (and the user) as low as 42 and I just don't enjoy that. I want to stop the CPU because I played good defense, not because the sliders are lowered enough that they just miss shots. Open shots should generally be knocked down, by both user and CPU. That's the philosophy I go by with the sliders and level I play on. I've tried messing around with defensive assist, that right stick stuff, defensive awareness, help defense, etc. but in the end the CPU is going to drop between 105-120 points on me every game. I lead the league in scoring at 111 ppg but my defense gives up 107, and that's with 3 or 4 simmed games that were 85-80 type games. So I'm at a loss. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that for whatever reason I'm just not good at defense. Maybe it is the reflexes in getting older (36), but it is really frustrating. I'll even have quarters where I stop the CPU (usually the 1st) and they may only get 10 or 15, but inevitably they will later have a quarter where they drop 40 on me.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #643
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Is it me or do plays break off almost immediately after they are called with the second patch?
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 02-10-2010, 09:13 PM   #644
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
Is it me or do plays break off almost immediately after they are called with the second patch?
Plays have been working fine for me second patch.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #645
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj54
Plays have been working fine for me second patch.
Really odd...before patch 2 I was able to call a play and not have to be right on the circle for it start and they would occasionally break off. Now I have to be exactly on the circle to start and they almost always break off.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #646
Pro

OVR: 0

I just got a ps3 and i downloaded an update. For some reason the ps3 version is different than the xbox version. The frame rate feels slow, the game skips, and the animation arent smooth? Is this a common problem, or is it because I didnt download patch 1, but the most recent patch, patch 3. I was thinking that maybe the slow framerate issue that was addressed in patch 1 is the cause. If it is...is there a way I can download patch 1?
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #647
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
Really odd...before patch 2 I was able to call a play and not have to be right on the circle for it start and they would occasionally break off. Now I have to be exactly on the circle to start and they almost always break off.
my plays also break off if i'm not exactly on circle. sometimes even when I'm on circle, it takes so long for even first step of play to run the play doesn't run anymore or ball gets stolen b/c i'm sitting there waiting for play.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:47 AM   #648
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by neegotiator
my plays also break off if i'm not exactly on circle. sometimes even when I'm on circle, it takes so long for even first step of play to run the play doesn't run anymore or ball gets stolen b/c i'm sitting there waiting for play.
I think I figured it out...I lowered my tempo from 100 to 60 and the plays are working fine. Maybe because the tempo was so high my players were trying to rush through the plays.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »