Home

Professional Football Simulator Continues to Grow

This is a discussion on Professional Football Simulator Continues to Grow within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Professional Football Simulator Continues to Grow

What began as an effort to create a simple football text sim with an online-play focus is evolving into something bigger. Professional Football Simulator (PFS) lead developer Brooks Piggott recently released a new update to his promising game that enhances the single-player mode and adds other new features. While it is premature to say that PFS will one day overtake Front Office Football as king of American football text sims, PFS definitely has a bright future.

For the uninitiated, FPS is a text sim where players run a football team through single or multiple seasons. Players are in control of team functions such as drafting, free agency and lineups. The game features online multiplayer and single-player modes as well as numerous customization options.

Now, if you have played Front Office Football, you likely already understand what PFS is all about. In a text sim, you do not control the physical action on the field. Instead, you run a team the same way a general manager or coach would, drafting prospects, signing free agents, setting lineups and managing day-to-day team operations. The initial goal of FPS was to make these tasks less daunting to inexperienced text simmers.

Read More - Professional Football Simulator Continues to Grow

Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #2
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
That 2-D action is going to be awesome. After years of FOF and OOTP Baseball I am going to have to try this out.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #3
Rookie

brookspiggott's Arena

OVR: 5
Thanks for the write up! We've made a lot of progress over the past year and appreciate all of the support!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
Rookie

hellbent's Arena

OVR: 4
I'm glad to hear of the development on this. There are far too few text-based football sims out there now, and none of them are really fantastic. FOF is still the deepest, but the play-by-play of Second and Ten is phenomenal. Wolverine Studios is still working on Draft Day Sports: Pro Football also and I hope both that game and Professional Football Simulator see the light of day sometime this year!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8
Awesome! I'm a big fan of FOF and am ecstatic to hear about another football sim that's in development. The screenshots look fantastic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6
If anyone is interested in joining a league, you can pm me. Brooks has done a great job with this game, and he continues to make our league better with each update.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Professional Football Simulator Continues to Grow

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookspiggott
Thanks for the write up! We've made a lot of progress over the past year and appreciate all of the support!
Hay Brook, any plans to to make a MAC native version of this game? I have moved to Mac's after being a PC guy for years, and would LOVE to get a game like this on the new Powerbook. FOF 2007 was an amazing game, and this looks like it could be even better.

Best of luck.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1
Nice to see text based games getting coverage! When I get frustrated with the unrealistic aspects of console games I go back to text. I didn't know this game existed until now and will try it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »