Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I & II

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I & II within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #97
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I wonder if the cursor hitting is the same as last year? And the button-based hitting? They didn't mention these at all and some of us really dislike the swing stick.
I hope those are still options. Cursor hitting made 2k9 so much better imo.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 02-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #98
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I wonder if the cursor hitting is the same as last year? And the button-based hitting? They didn't mention these at all and some of us really dislike the swing stick.
Chase said cursor hitting was still in. The devs mentioned in the online insight that there would be options to make leagues with button-only controls, so it sounds like classic controls are still in as well.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 1

The camera angle towards the end when Morneau hits the homer at Tropicana is great! Really reminds me of the two angled cameras of MVP 2005 which I always used. I wonder if this view will be selectable in game or was just for the trailer?
Old 02-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #100
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Chase said cursor hitting was still in. The devs mentioned in the online insight that there would be options to make leagues with button-only controls, so it sounds like classic controls are still in as well.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:21 PM   #101
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

This insight was full of good news for me. And with the news of a patched in check-swing function, I officially have no major gripes to this point. Aside from some minor graphical and animation concerns, at this point (for me at least) there is really nothing more to think about until I can get my hands on the game and put it through it's paces. Most of the info is encouraging though, I'll say that much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #102
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6

I could not agree any more with that post. This game has to be well received and so far so good from the recovery of 2k9. As for minor graphical glitches like jersey numbers and things of that nature, I could really care less as of now.

Looking forward to some gameplay footage from an actual game and not a trailer.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #103
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
This insight was full of good news for me. And with the news of a patched in check-swing function, I officially have no major gripes to this point. Aside from some minor graphical and animation concerns, at this point (for me at least) there is really nothing more to think about until I can get my hands on the game and put it through it's paces. Most of the info is encouraging though, I'll say that much!
That's where I'm at too, man.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:27 PM   #104
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I'm intrigued thus far. I'm concerned by the CPU's ability to take balls, as might have been suggested in the Jose Guillen Inside Edge report I mentioned earlier. I hope that's not an issue again.

ALSO...I hope it's not too much to ask that the franchise mode has been revamped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »