Home

Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-09-2010, 04:40 PM   #33
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Instead of making another long post like I normally do, I'll just say this:

I hope the improvements to Madden 11 are more along the lines of 09 to 10 than what we got from 06-09 combined. Only time will tell.

Give us Head Coach/[PS2] Madden 07 franchise mode for on and offline play. Regarding gameplay, improve WR/DB interactions, blocking AI, and pursuit angles [this is the first Madden I remember them being this terrible.] In my opinion, that is what m11 needs the most.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I find it amusing to read posts like this. It's the single most important mode in sports games in YOUR OPINION... Simply because YOU enjoy it the most. Someone who plays online and likes to have real online leagues will think the exact opposite. A simple solution? How about making all of the modes you have in the game up to par with what is out there already or was done 5 years ago?

There's a long way to go for Madden to be worth 60 dollars... Or 20 dollars for that matter.
And likewise, your last statement is YOUR OPINION......and nothing more than that.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Instead of making another long post like I normally do, I'll just say this:

I hope the improvements to Madden 11 are more along the lines of 09 to 10 than what we got from 06-09 combined. Only time will tell.

Give us Head Coach/[PS2] Madden 07 franchise mode for on and offline play. Regarding gameplay, improve WR/DB interactions, blocking AI, and pursuit angles [this is the first Madden I remember them being this terrible.] In my opinion, that is what m11 needs the most.
Honestly, if Madden 11 is everything that Madden 10 was advertised to be, I'll be quite satisfied. Many of the things that were supposed to be in Madden 10 never made it , or they were implemented poorly.

If we can get adaptive AI that adapts, custom stadium sounds, ratings that truly do set elite apart from average and presentation that's on par with 2k5 and a deeper franchise mode(with a working IR feature), we'll have a great football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 05:40 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Regardless of where Madden's at right now in terms of overall quality, I think the strides they made this year are more significant than any other year since the PS2 days.

NFL 2K5 wasn't built in a day.

An in that sense, I like the team that is in charge of Madden now and expect them to keep taking big steps forward, like they've made this year.

Madden really has improved more from 09 - 10 than any other year in the franchise's history since 03 - 04 or 04 - 05.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just my opinion but ever since the leap from ps2/xbox the game has been pretty atrocious. 09 was semi decent, and like many people have said, the leap from 09 to 10 was the biggest and most significant in a long time, if not in the history of the game.
Texas Longhorns!!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #38
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Madden really has improved more from 09 - 10 than any other year in the franchise's history since 03 - 04 or 04 - 05.
I agree the improvements from 09 to M10 are greater than any one year, M10 still isn't as good as Madden was from 01-07 on PS2 days. We should have a game that is as good as 07 in adition to better graphics and the added features like online franchise, "QB throw from the grasp," Fight for the Fumble, and Pro-tak for example. Instead we have a hollow franchise mode, and gameplay that is just as bad (in some ways) or worse (in others) than last gen Madden.

For example, I can pop in Madden 04 on my NGC and see the same engin, or what ever you want to call it, that drives the animations and interactions and logic that we see today. Namely, call a pitch out of the I formation in M10 and in 04 and show me that they do not look a lot alike. I have already done these tests and have examples on my Youtube page for anyone who wants to see them.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Yeah the problem is that the overall quality of Madden took a HUGE leap backwards when the franchise went onto the 360/PS3, and as a result, the newer games are just now catching up to where Madden was back in 2005.

At least Madden is ahead of the NCAA Football games, in that regard.

I still don't think the next-gen version of the NCAA series has gotten up to par with where the franchise was at around 2004-2006.

Last edited by jyoung; 02-09-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 55

The big word I'll be looking for is "locomotion". Updated running animations and momentum to go with them is high on my wishlist.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »