Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I & II

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I & II within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #89
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane182
Video is looking pretty good. What concerns me and this may have been answered, but I hope you can hit homeruns on occasion with the contact swing.
It was answered and you definitely can. You just have to be much more exact with the timing of your swing, etc.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Pitchers vs. Hitters Part I

One of the developers said you could hit a homerum with a contact swing. Just your timing would have to be perfect.

I don't know where the exact quote where this was said, but i'm sure someone here can agree with me here that this was said.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:02 PM   #91
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane182
Video is looking pretty good. What concerns me and this may have been answered, but I hope you can hit homeruns on occasion with the contact swing.
This one still concerns me, and I almost forgot to point it out with everything that I loved to hear about the positives. Not once did the developer or the trailer voice-over mention the ease of hitting a home run this way.

There's a good chance that, if defensive swing is available with the power swing, I'm going to do everything vested in me to have a "power swing only" slider set, so that I can have everything even out correctly using said swing (more than likely we start with lowering overall power and raising overall contact). Let's just hope it works that way and not so much that people with low power ability just botch their power swings overall.

Again (and I explained this in that video), I don't like deciding who hits with power and who hits with contact. When I do this in games, this always results in power hitters hitting way too many home runs and contact hitters hitting way too few.

I say we have one standard swing and let the ratings decide everything. Or if necessary, maybe have a 95% standard swing (95% of power rating and 95% of contact), and then holding the right trigger will increase the power ability just by a small bit (100% power and 90% contact) and holding onto the left trigger will increase contact ability (90% power and 100% contact). This makes for a tiny threshold where the standard swing doesn't impact the power ability very much at all. This would probably be most ideal and favored if we didn't already use the left trigger for stealing bases.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 01:03 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
It was answered and you definitely can. You just have to be much more exact with the timing of your swing, etc.
That is very exciting to hear. Thanks

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 02-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #93
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
This was the BIG Problem last year on WHY the AI was swinging @ everything b-4 the PATCH. Oh boy...
Yeah, I remember that being a big issue. And I remember it still being an issue after the patch.

Hopefully this is remedied before the release.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #94
Banned

OVR: 0

I wonder if the cursor hitting is the same as last year? And the button-based hitting? They didn't mention these at all and some of us really dislike the swing stick.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #95
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

i'm not a huge baseball fan but I was definitely impressed with that video. looks great.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I wonder if the cursor hitting is the same as last year? And the button-based hitting? They didn't mention these at all and some of us really dislike the swing stick.
I would like to know as well. I'm a button guy myself, I hate the analogs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »