Home

Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #25
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 10: The Game Which Almost Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodriggo
The annual "What I want in Madden" thread.

Let me tell you how it ends........they ignore everything you ask for.

Sorry bro' -- the above was applicable every year up until M10. Much of what was implemented this past year came from many wishlists that you claim have been ignored, mine in particular for sure.

It's one thing to criticize Tiburon and staff for their shortcomings. But it's time to let go of all the outdated beefs that no longer fit the bill. They do listen, even if some things aren't implemented to our satisfaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

I want them to stop worrying about authentic hand towels and start worrying about the gameplay. How about a working IR feature? How about being able to see where you drafted a player? How about an actual scouting system that needs to be used to draft properly? How about some tackle animations that go with the flow of the play? How about making it so the CBs don't make their cut before my WR does? What about fixing the CPU QB so they don't throw a flat route when its 4th and 15?

At least we have hand towels.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #27
Banned

dfos81's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36

Sorry bro' -- the above was applicable every year up until M10. Much of what was implemented this past year came from many wishlists that you claim have been ignored, mine in particular for sure.

It's one thing to criticize Tiburon and staff for their shortcomings. But it's time to let go of all the outdated beefs that no longer fit the bill. They do listen, even if some things aren't implemented to our satisfaction.
I agree.
They made Madden 10 better, just build on what we enjoyed and fix what needs to be fixed.
I've mentioned Dynamic Dna in the "Ratings Czar" thread, things like this and more improved presentation, locomotion/phyiscs, etc. Would really help make M11 "The Game".
Old 02-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #28
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodriggo
The annual "What I want in Madden" thread.

Let me tell you how it ends........they ignore everything you ask for.

They simply take a feature already in this years game and give it a catchy name like:

Madden 11: "Field General" - make pre-snap adjustments.

or

Madden 11: "Become a Dynasty" - Play as the same team over and over and over again.

or

Madden 11: "Own the League" - Control every aspect of your team except for the ******* stadium music.
LMAO!
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 02-08-2010, 06:30 PM   #29
Pro

acarrero's Arena

OVR: 10
Madden sucked again. I got is free with the SI offer and have played a total of maybe 4 games since. The gameplay is so stale by now, it's the same game every year with new animations and a new feature here and there. At least NCAA Football lets you play D in a new way, Madden didn't even have that feature. Needs 1) new game engine, 2) new announcing booth, and 3) new presentation.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #30
Rookie

ridemooses's Arena

OVR: 8
How long did you debate whether it should be "that" or "which"? I think you got it wrong.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #31
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Madden 10: The game that was never close.

I couldn't wait to use the online league since I had been paying for leaguedaddy.com and manually entering stats before this year. That mode was stripped of everything that makes a franchise. Caps, Salaries,trade logic, etc. By week 4, 5 of my long time league guys had quit madden all together.

The game on the field was only a modest improvement from 09. Lineman were spinning in circles, the pursuit angles made for at least a kick return a game and Pro-tak made for more glitching/morphing/sliding than ever before.

I also had to turn commentary off because I just couldn't stand one more minute of Tom Hammond and the new presentation included a whole two first down measurement animations so I knew if it was good or not when it started, but wasn't allowed to skip it.

By the time patch 2 dropped, I had had enough of this game. First time in 10 years I wasn't playing a football game at midseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I would honestly rather see them focus on the offline franchise than online franchise. IMO, that is still the single most important mode in sports gaming.

I believe I had a great, easy to implement idea in adding storylines to the franchise mode.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ibilities.html

The best franchise mode ever (Madden NFL 2007 for the PS2) had something similar to this and I played the heck out of that game.
NOONONONONONONONONONO.

The world is shrinking. Get out and join a community of gamers and interact with them. Get out of your own head and enjoy being a human.

PLEASE KEEP ALL THE FOCUS ON THE GAMEPLAY AND ONLINE FRANCHISE.

Those will be the biggest selling points in the future, near and far.

gogoogogogogogoogo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »