Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #609
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wryly
I've been playing for about a week since the patch and I've yet to see the big man glitch, so if any prospective game-buyer is reading this thread, perhaps you shouldn't immediately conclude that the game is broken. Those with problems will always be more vocal than those without problems. I couldn't tell you why I don't see it, I play with the Heat in my Association and I play nearly every game, but I never see more than 2-3 ill-advised 3-pointers a game. This is with player roles and chemistry both on, and this is with the most up-to-date patch. I also use custom rosters and sliders. Before I read this thread, I wasn't aware there was a "big man glitch".

The big man glitch is primarily a sim problem. In games I played I would on average see 1-2 ill-advised big man threes and a couple long 2's that didn't really fit either. Check your boxscores on simmed games. Check Dwight Howard's stats. You'll probably see an average of about 3 shots from behind the arc with almost no success.

Also it is 100% attached to player roles, thus it has nothing to do with quick games. You also won't see it if you have player roles off in your association. I don't play MyPlayer so I can't comment on seeing the glitch there.

Last edited by Comduklakis; 02-05-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #610
Banned

wryly's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
The big man glitch is primarily a sim problem. In games I played I would on average see 1-2 ill-advised big man threes and a couple long 2's that didn't really fit either. Check your boxscores on simmed games. Check Dwight Howard's stats. You'll probably see an average of about 3 shots from behind the arc with almost no success.

Also it is 100% attached to player roles, thus it has nothing to do with quick games. You also won't see it if you have player roles off in your association. I don't play MyPlayer so I can't comment on seeing the glitch there.
Thanks for the clarification, I hadn't been looking at those stats in simulated box scores. That sort of thing annoys me, but considering I spend 1% of my time checking box scores/stats and 99% of my time playing actual games, I'm not too worried about it.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #611
Banned

OVR: 10

having player roles off = no big deal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #612
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

So I downloaded the latest roster file and was going to start an association but if so, I won't have guys like Greg Oden on the game? He isn't listed on Portlands roster because he's out for the year, but I want him available. So should I download the first roster right when the season started?
Old 02-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #613
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
So I downloaded the latest roster file and was going to start an association but if so, I won't have guys like Greg Oden on the game? He isn't listed on Portlands roster because he's out for the year, but I want him available. So should I download the first roster right when the season started?
associations always start with all players healthy. You just need to fix rotations when you first start your associaton. It will give you this option. Players like Oden and Yao will show as available and uninjured but not be on the 12 man active roster. Just move them and the minutes around and you have your fix.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:12 PM   #614
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmitchell22
having player roles off = no big deal
it wouldn't be if it were so simple...this causes other problems like insane CPU trading.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #615
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Aaaah. But Yao Is rated like a 53. So
I might as well start with opening night rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #616
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Aaaah. But Yao Is rated like a 53. So
I might as well start with opening night rosters.
Hmm. He wasn't in the association I started a couple weeks ago. Nor was Oden or any other injured guy. Not that Oden and Yao don't get hurt continually in your assocation anyways, but I had no problem with them having ratings reflecting current real life injuries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »