Home

MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 AM   #81
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: More Pasta Padre Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Doesn't mean it's going to get in, sorry.
Maybe he should be added to the group that Sony brings in and let him help them correct things. That would be more constructive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 60
Re: More Pasta Padre Pics

It still doesn't mean it will get in. Just the way it is.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:55 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Actually no I won't, because my homer will be soaring over a 6-year-old stadium setup... If there is a team dedicated to stadiums, and there is (stadium artists I have seen them called) then I expect that team to stay up to date on these changes. If this is a 2010 game I want a reflection of that environment.

Imagine if the Dbacks were playing in teal and purple, people would be up in arms. No different as far as I am concerned.
Incorrect uniforms are a very different issue. You see it every single second of the game. But let's say you're facing CC on a higher difficulty, in Progressive field. in your ABs, are you really that concerned that the scoreboard is a normal digital scoreboard versus an LED display? really? If you can manage to have good ABs against that slider and fastball all the while wondering what would it be like with proper LED scoreboards to distract you a little bit more, than more power to you, my friend.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #84
Banned

Re: MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre)

The points are moot.

My point remains, when SCEA gets something right, they're the best, when they can't get something, they are "ignoring us". These people bend over backwards for Operation Sports and the gamers here. You can either enjoy the game, and hope they get it in next year, or......

Adding things to certain stadiums might work and might not, depending on the amount of effort and whether or not the existing skeleton will accept the change (see comment on roofs/open/closed/moving), or if they have to do some time consuming major revamping. We can point out things all we want, and don't think that there are 20 guys working on stadiums.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #85
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
The points are moot.

My point remains, when SCEA gets something right, they're the best, when they can't get something, they are "ignoring us". These people bend over backwards for Operation Sports and the gamers here. You can either enjoy the game, and hope they get it in next year, or......

Adding things to certain stadiums might work and might not, depending on the amount of effort and whether or not the existing skeleton will accept the change (see comment on roofs/open/closed/moving), or if they have to do some time consuming major revamping. We can point out things all we want, and don't think that there are 20 guys working on stadiums.
Well said, jim. My only hope is that the devs and SCEA in general realize that there are just some people that don't know how to properly critique without insulting at the same time. This is BY FAR the minority of the people on OS. Unfortunately the ones that DO critique in negative manners are the ones that are the loudest and can sometimes ruin a good thing for everyone else.

As a Kentucky basketball fan, I know about this all too well. 95% of the millions of fans for UK basketball love the sport, the team and the players. They want the team to be competitive year in and year out. But the other 5% wants a player to transfer r a coach fired if there is one loss and they EXPECT a championship year in and year out and if there isn't one, then it is disappointing to them. These are the fans that get the most air time on ESPN and other sports outlets. Really makes the other 95% people look completely unreasonable.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that there are some people that want every detail to be perfect. I also think it is ok to be frustrated if something isn't right that should be. But for crying out loud, can we voice this in a respectful manner? SCEA has done more for this community than I have ever seen with any other game in my entire life of 36 years (25 of it playing video games). Appreciate it. Give criticism. But whatever you do, please keep it respectful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #86
Banned

TribeFan80's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
The points are moot.

Our points are not moot. The reason I'm commenting/criticizing is because the real Progressive field has had a different shade of green and led scoreboard for 5 or 6 years. I think thats enough developer cycles to fix those items, especially when they are adding completely new historic stadiums this year...I don't think were are asking them to "bend over backwards".

I think the guys at SCEA do a great job and have the best sports game available right now if not ever. So I'm not trying to bash them, just pointing out areas of improvement.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #87
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan80
Our points are not moot. The reason I'm commenting/criticizing is because the real Progressive field has had a different shade of green and led scoreboard for 5 or 6 years. I think thats enough developer cycles to fix those items, especially when they are adding completely new historic stadiums this year...I don't think were are asking them to "bend over backwards".

I think the guys at SCEA do a great job and have the best sports game available right now if not ever. So I'm not trying to bash them, just pointing out areas of improvement.

As an Indians fan myself, I agree with what you're saying.However, it's too late for 10.

I'd say make sure when the 11 wishlist thread pops up, we both post about this there. Let's be the first, so it'll be seen first.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
As an Indians fan myself, I agree with what you're saying.However, it's too late for 10.

I'd say make sure when the 11 wishlist thread pops up, we both post about this there. Let's be the first, so it'll be seen first.
That's what I meant about "moot". It's done for this year. Nobody is saying not to criticize, make wishlist stuff, but the "ignoring us" and wondering why it hasn't been done is........moot.

Last edited by jim416; 02-04-2010 at 01:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »