Home

MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #73
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: More Pasta Padre Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Maybe if you brought it to our attention while we were at community day we could have had it addressed. We got 3 scoreboards corrected because people specifically asked for us to look at them.
All these changes were in the SCEA-created Stadium Feedback thread from last year. Maybe next year.

I sound like a Cubs fan.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ped3328
The reason why it does not look like Gord Beckham is because... it is not Gord Beckham. If you look carefully, the player is standing between first and second. The player is actually Jayson Nix (# 5) the Wite Sox second baseman. It appears to me that way anyway.
Gordon Beckham is the White Sox second baseman. Mark Teahen is the 3rd baseman and Alexei Ramirez is the shortstop.

Beckham is 15 and in the picture you can see a very tiny bit of the 1 peeking through. I thought the same as you at first until I saw that.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 12

The stadiums, from what I've seen so far, look amazing! But all probably have little things that are different.

As a Mets fan, I wish they had included the championship banners alongside the retired nos. And to be even more picky, the "Pepsi Sign" in RF (where they put "The Show)" is behind a flat, walkable area that includes food stands and such...while here it looks like they just added the sign above the upper deck.

But that's my point...these guys do some many great things for the game itself, little details will slip through the cracks every now and then...appreciate what we get, because it's certainly top-notch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #76
Banned

TribeFan80's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre)

I appreciate SCEA's work but the shade of green in the LaPorta pic is not even close to the pic above....and no led scoreboard is a big disappointment for us Indians fans...maybe next year. It doesn' appear they worked on this stadium since 07??

Last edited by TribeFan80; 02-04-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 4
all you guys complaining about your stadiums not being exactly perfect to real life.... I'm just wondering - does Progressive Field or GABP having LED scoreboards help you hit against good pitching on higher difficulties? or does it keep the CPU from putting up a 4-spot on you in the 6th inning? I know we all want perfection for our teams, but for sh*t's sake... you can't even see 95% of these details when you're playing the game anyway, and the fact that they spend as much time and effort on stadiums as they do already astounds me. Be happy. Play baseball. Hit a homerun on Legend difficulty in your RTTS.... you'll forget about the LED scoredboards. Trust me.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #78
Rookie

Pirate's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB '10: The Show Screenshots, Batch #2 (Pasta Padre)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smearz
all you guys complaining about your stadiums not being exactly perfect to real life.... I'm just wondering - does Progressive Field or GABP having LED scoreboards help you hit against good pitching on higher difficulties? or does it keep the CPU from putting up a 4-spot on you in the 6th inning? I know we all want perfection for our teams, but for sh*t's sake... you can't even see 95% of these details when you're playing the game anyway, and the fact that they spend as much time and effort on stadiums as they do already astounds me. Be happy. Play baseball. Hit a homerun on Legend difficulty in your RTTS.... you'll forget about the LED scoredboards. Trust me.
Actually no I won't, because my homer will be soaring over a 6-year-old stadium setup... If there is a team dedicated to stadiums, and there is (stadium artists I have seen them called) then I expect that team to stay up to date on these changes. If this is a 2010 game I want a reflection of that environment.

Imagine if the Dbacks were playing in teal and purple, people would be up in arms. No different as far as I am concerned.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #79
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
Agreed, also the walls in Progressive still appear with that cartoony staled out green color instead of a solid green.
The biggest reason I hated playing at Progressive Field and Fenway Park last year. It looks awful (the wall color, that is).

But that's why I'm going to be my Giants! (lol sorry wrigleyville)

Yankee Stadium looks beautiful in that shot! A little paled out, but that's just their palette... hopefully that will be tweaked year after year. I know we haven't seen too many twilight shots, so I wonder if they worked on that transition at all. Last year it was a bit wonky, albeit a great first attempt.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 02-04-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #80
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
I would be happy to go through each stadium and make a list of tweaks that need made. I spent four years making these changes to MVP 05 for the PC and have visited the majority of the ballparks in the game. I have the resources and time to do this if SCEA is willing to listen.
Doesn't mean it's going to get in, sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »