Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-01-2010, 08:16 PM   #577
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

I would like to leave chemistry on, esp if it helps teams get to 60+ wins. But im concerned about the rookie minutes thing. Can this be fixed in a 30 team association by adjusting the minutes in the rotation screen, or is it hardcoded in the simulation?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #578
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
I would like to leave chemistry on, esp if it helps teams get to 60+ wins. But im concerned about the rookie minutes thing. Can this be fixed in a 30 team association by adjusting the minutes in the rotation screen, or is it hardcoded in the simulation?
For me it's fixed by controlling all 30. You can just manually set the minutes for rookies, and it is reflected in the sim stats.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #579
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
For me it's fixed by controlling all 30. You can just manually set the minutes for rookies, and it is reflected in the sim stats.
Kully thank u for responding, that is very helpful to me.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #580
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
Kully thank u for responding, that is very helpful to me.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:41 AM   #581
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I was actually just testing this out last night because I am dying to get my Bulls association going.

I simmed a season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry ON and another season and a half with Roles OFF Chemistry OFF.

Basically I saw what you had mentioned—with Chemistry ON everyone gets better 1-3 points with no declines. With Chemistry OFF, there were no constant increases and it seemed only guys with good potentials saw attribute increases in the offseason.

Some other things I noticed:

• Rookies got a lot more realistic playing time and production with chemistry OFF. With chemistry ON, John Wall was only averaging 13 or so minutes a game but was playing the most MPG of any rookie. With chemistry OFF Wall was averaging a little over 30 MPG and was averaging 15+ PPG and a few other rookies were getting significant playing time.

• There seemed to be a little more parity with Chemistry ON more than OFF. With Chemistry ON the best team in the league ended up being the Cavs with 63 wins. With it OFF the best team was the Jazz with 56. I'm not drawing any conclusions on this point though because I'd have to sim several seasons to really see if Chemistry had any affect on league parity or not.

So, it looks like I'll be going with Roles OFF and Chemistry OFF. Also turning CPU trades OFF because I saw the perfect amount of player movement in the FA period.
Do guys get progressively worse with age?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #582
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
Do guys get progressively worse with age?
It's not something I looked into a whole lot. My main concern when I did the sims with Team Chemistry ON and OFF was looking at what kind of stats and playing time the rookies were getting in the second year.

I would guess progression works as usual with Team Chemistry off. Young guys with good potentials will get better and old guys at the tail end of their careers will decline. What was throwing this off with Team Chemistry ON was every single player would improve by 2-3 points because every team's chemistry was maxed out.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 02-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #583
Rookie

OVR: 1
The big men take more 3's in the game as well, not just while simulating. I played the Cavs and Shaq took three wide open 3s and actually made one. Very disappointing. I also had a glitch where the player models did not load for a game, and I was playing with just the circles on the court and seeing the ball bounce. It was funny seeing just the court on a zoomed in camera angle of the missing player, especially during free throws.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #584
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm still debating on whether or not I should get NBA 2K10.. and with Mike Wang back, I'm tempted to wait until NBA 2K11 because of what he could bring to the table. I want a basketball game that will last me a while, but I'm not sure if it's best to get that game now(2k10) or later(2k11).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »