Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2010, 03:57 PM   #561
Rookie

MikeJ2021's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

Seems like with this game I'm constantly find myself having to debate whether I want good gameplay or good/realistic stats. If I want good gameplay and a good association experience with this 2nd patch then I shouldn't worry about the 3pt Big Man Stat glitch.

However if I wanted realistic stats I need to turn player roles and team chemistry off. The day 2K cares about gameplay and stats equally will be the day they make the perfect NBA 2K game....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #562
Rookie

OVR: 1

I seriously cant understand how anyone thinks the CPU plays better after the 2nd patch, I cant be the only one to notice that they continously pass the ball to whoever is moving toward the basket, now they rarely will score off the forced passes if a defender is around the reciever of the pass cause the CPU will not go up with it, so im cool with that, but in real life those passes would never be attempted, players would normally pull up or pass the ball to a spot up shooter, not a person cutting to the basket around 3 defenders.

Dont mean to exaggerate, but this is almost at the level of a game killer for me cause the 1st patch had the CPU playing realistic on Pro and Hall Of Fame (All Star and Superstar had the forced passes after the 1st patch), now no matter what the difficulty the CPU never makes the right decision when the defense rotates to take away their lane, you will NEVER see a pass being thrown to a cutter running right towards the defense in real life, the cutter has to have a lane for the ballhandler to even consider passing him the rock. No disrespect, but I think a lot of you guys are lying about less online cheezing post patch 2 and lying about the CPU playing better post patch 2, can somebody please show me footage of the CPU not forcing passes to the paint, all I have to see is 5 posessions cause when I play the game there is a forced dumb pass on every single posession, help me out fellas.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:34 PM   #563
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I deleted any my 2K10 saves and was going to start from fresh, when I play I don't get an update to download a patch. The 2K servers are down and maybe that's the reason I wasn't prompted to download the patch?
Old 01-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #564
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kully
Spank, I see your reasoning, I'm not here to disagree. But that specific issue can't be fixed in My Player since you cannot turn off player roles in that mode. Restarting that mode won't fix anything.

Just wanted to pass that along.
np, I respect guys like you and sambf12's views as to the merits of the patch. But then you have those that were complaining incessantly even after patch 1 and will casually throw around the broken/gamekiller labels. I'm looking at the game as a whole, not limiting it to one aspect of the game. To me the game is a lot more than just the My Player mode, or more than just the Association mode. Just as I'd say it's one thing for the simulated stats for top scorers/rebounders/assists/blocks etc. to be within reason but equate the big men 3pt attempts issue to them all, I just don't get. Again, I haven't seen the issue personally so I'm not speaking from a position of frustration. I just don't get the whole throw the baby out w/the bath water, this one thing sucks so it all sucks sort of mentality.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #565
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I deleted any my 2K10 saves and was going to start from fresh, when I play I don't get an update to download a patch. The 2K servers are down and maybe that's the reason I wasn't prompted to download the patch?
Did u clear your cache? You have to do that to erase any patches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #566
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Okay. I want the patches. So I should still have them still even though I deleted everything else 2K10?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 PM   #567
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
np, I respect guys like you and sambf12's views as to the merits of the patch. But then you have those that were complaining incessantly even after patch 1 and will casually throw around the broken/gamekiller labels. I'm looking at the game as a whole, not limiting it to one aspect of the game. To me the game is a lot more than just the My Player mode, or more than just the Association mode. Just as I'd say it's one thing for the simulated stats for top scorers/rebounders/assists/blocks etc. to be within reason but equate the big men 3pt attempts issue to them all, I just don't get. Again, I haven't seen the issue personally so I'm not speaking from a position of frustration. I just don't get the whole throw the baby out w/the bath water, this one thing sucks so it all sucks sort of mentality.
yeah i hear you on that. i've come to expect problems when games are on a 1 year dev. cycle and when patches are the norm. i've just gone with my own workarounds and those found by people on here like only allowing CPU trading for a few weeks to get some variety and trade block going. i just turn it off after players have moved around.
Old 02-01-2010, 06:28 AM   #568
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to transfer a patch from one hard drive to another via a memory card?

My 20GB hard drive had 2k10 on it with only patch one. Since I upgrade to an elite, I obviously don't have it anymore. I will test the latest patch first but in case it doesn't suit me, wonder if I can bring the patch to the elite hard drive which would take me back to patch one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »