Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-31-2010, 04:32 AM   #553
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

But still, I want to play an association with player roles on and I want to play My Player and not have the big man glitch (according to most anyway). I think I won't update as I play offline only so connecting to Live is no issue for me.

Monk, are you saying you have no issues with the big man glitch? Don't you have a Jazz association or was it just a season?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:22 AM   #554
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJ2021
Does anyone think that difficulty levels have anything to do with Big men shooting 3pters when playing the game? I play all of my games on the HOF level and the game is perfect gameplay wise with no big men shooting threes nor are they even waiting at the three point line (unless they are Rasheed Wallace or Okur).

My only problem is with the sim stats but my question is does anyone know if the Big Man Stat Glitch has a significant impact on a teams win-loss record? I ran like 10 tests and found out that with player roles and team chemistry off, you still get random standings results.

Oh and as far as the trading goes if you turn off player roles and team chemistry you get a crazy amount of trades vs. having player roles on. I got 48 CPU trades before the All-Star break with them off and I got 12 in the month of February alone. With the player roles on I got 10 total trades with one taking place in Feb.

I will deal with the 3pt Big Men stat glitch as long as it doesn't effect the standings so if anyone has a clear answer on that then it would be appreciated.
nope, i've tried all the difficulties and it's still there. also remember if you turn off player roles, be prepared for an insane amount of CPU trades and really high team chemistry. there will be around 15 a month...from bench to star players and people going from one team back to another. i mean, i could deal with turning this off to fix the 3 pt thing, but this added another wrinkle. this is a reason i'm close to that negative stigma spank mentioned above. you basically have to turn off all the key elements of association.

Last edited by BroMontana82; 01-31-2010 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #555
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Patch 2 definitely sucks for those that have long-running Associations, but overall I think it doesn't deserve the negative stigma being attached to it because it does improve the gameplay. Unfortunately overreaction is the way of the forums nowadays
But it's not an overreaction when someone has spent hundreds of hours playing their association only to have 2k break the game. The workaround doesn't work unless you throw away those hundreds of hours of play and start over. Then you have to turn off a feature of the game or you still get the bug.

On top of that you have the pleasure of turning down the patch every time you fire up the game and as an added bonus to that you can no longer use 2k share. Of course you do have the option of disconnecting your console from the internet so I guess that's really not a problem.

People are not complaining about something like Lamar Odom can't wear a team colored headband. They are complaining about 2k breaking the gameplay you say they have improved. I usually stick up for testers and am very understanding that some bugs are always going to be present in any game. In this case though I can't see how anyone testing the game could miss someone like Shaq jacking up threes, maybe I'm missing something here?

In the end I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2010, 12:32 PM   #556
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
It happens in franchise, not the other modes. I haven't had time to play any franchise games since.
Can't be true. I only played My Player so far (only owned this game about a month) and the second I got the patch I have big men taking at least a half dozen to a dozen 3s everytime they kick out. Without fail. So it isn't limited to franchise and association. Makes the game less fun because you can't follow logical actions you would take under certain situations because it's an automatic turnover now. (except Bynum banked in a 3 once).
Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM   #557
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
But it's not an overreaction when someone has spent hundreds of hours playing their association only to have 2k break the game. The workaround doesn't work unless you throw away those hundreds of hours of play and start over. Then you have to turn off a feature of the game or you still get the bug.
Yep, we will have to agree to disagree. As I said, the patch 2 issues suck for guys like JBH who have long running Associations or long running My Player modes since the issue affects both from what I've read. I've always enjoyed people's detailed accounts of how their franchise or created player experiences are progressing. For those people I would think it is frustrating to see a big man take a 3pt shot he shouldn't be taking. But have some perspective. I'd think it does take away from some of the experience/immersiveness of playing those modes. But I have a hard time labeling them as completely broken, pretty much disregarding everything else the game does well. Or very well. It's not like 2K purposely set out to screw something up that already worked decently. Or that the issue stands out in such a way that it would've been easy to detect.

For the people willing to start fresh in Association/My Player, imo both modes overall are done well enough to where I don't see turning off player roles and team chemistry as completely ruining the experience. And now the patch gets blamed for pretty much everything, as if the game is supposed to be perfect. I think someone last week heard an announcer call a player's name wrong and thought that was a bug. Just saying there needs to be perspective. I'm not saying the patch is all good because obviously it's not. But it's not all bad either. I was trying to point out that it actually did up the ante in terms of enjoyment for certain things. But I've seen many people crying that they weren't getting the patch fast enough, then crying that the game is now ruined because of it's issues. Just saying there needs to be some perspective to what the game is as a whole, what these game modes are as a whole instead of trying to say they're now worthless because of whatever issue.

Yes, it would suck to have to start a new Association or My Player if a person has already sunk a lot of time into theirs

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-31-2010, 01:14 PM   #558
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

I cant stress enough how important it is to use rosters & sliders w/minimal changes w/the 2nd patch. I was having a terrible experience until i reset the rosters on a whim. I was using a roster made by one of the more popular roster
makers on this site.

Since i started over w/pared's sliders and a 2k roster with a few ratings/appearance changes, the gameplay w this latest patch has been stellar.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:51 PM   #559
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Spank, I see your reasoning, I'm not here to disagree. But that specific issue can't be fixed in My Player since you cannot turn off player roles in that mode. Restarting that mode won't fix anything.

Just wanted to pass that along.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:33 PM   #560
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
For the people willing to start fresh in Association/My Player, imo both modes overall are done well enough to where I don't see turning off player roles and team chemistry as completely ruining the experience.

Yes, it would suck to have to start a new Association or My Player if a person has already sunk a lot of time into theirs
i had no problem starting over fresh and turning these things off but like i said above, turning these things off created new unforeseen issues in the association mode after finding out "workarounds" that are pretty frustrating. i just wish there was some way to pick specific patches or have them as DLC or something like that so everyone could pick their own poison and be more happy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »