Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands On

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands On within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-30-2010, 04:09 AM   #57
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Hear the last hit by Longoria, ending the trailer. It sounds like they still have that sound a bit, maybe for the bigger blasts. Not too good.

Yeah, that bat sound was terrible at the end by Longo. Hope they take it out all together.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 01-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #58
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Yeah, that bat sound was terrible at the end by Longo. Hope they take it out all together.
Yes i wrote about that in another post. I hope that's not in their when the game ships
Old 01-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock85
Yes i wrote about that in another post. I hope that's not in their when the game ships

I bet it will be. Think about it. The trailer is made particularly to show off the game, so.. sounds are included in that idea.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
I bet it will be. Think about it. The trailer is made particularly to show off the game, so.. sounds are included in that idea.
First, the subset of gamers that actually care about the differences in bat sounds is so small that it really doesn't even cross developers minds. Second, I fully expect that those kinds of sounds are embellished for ads.

Realistic sounding bats sound terrible in a game. Developers just want to produce a pop that sounds good to the ear, not mimic the real thing. It doesn't get "fixed" becasue what they hae has been fine for 99.9% of gamers for years.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:27 PM   #61
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
First, the subset of gamers that actually care about the differences in bat sounds is so small that it really doesn't even cross developers minds.
Meh, it's inexcusable to me. I remember making the very first comment about bat bat sounds since 2K5, and they haven't corrected them yet (not to say they haven't changed them, but they certainly haven't corrected them).

I'm not so sure I agree that realistic bat sounds would sound terribly in a baseball game, I think they would sound fantastic. The same goes for realistic crowd sounds. Let's face it, games to their best to replicate 40,000 people in a stadium, but they merely mimic it and it comes off as unnatural.

Video games still have a long way to go in the audio department, and I'd say that 2K is very far away in terms of stadium atmospherics.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 03:49 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
First, the subset of gamers that actually care about the differences in bat sounds is so small that it really doesn't even cross developers minds. Second, I fully expect that those kinds of sounds are embellished for ads.

It's been discussed for years in the 2K forums. The developers probably heard something about it.

Embellished to sound less realistic / worse ?
Old 01-30-2010, 03:57 PM   #63
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

After all these years, they really need to get the bat sounds right. Overall though, it seems like it should be a good game this year.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:40 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2
I want to see some gameplay!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »