Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands On

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands On within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #33
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: OS: Major League Baseball 2K10 Preview (PS3)

Thanks Chase sounds like the game has improved. I like that you said you didn't want to put the controller down, so i say that's a good sign. Now just bring on some game play vids
Old 01-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #34
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
so we still have the cartoony ball cursor? and now it's an integral part to pitching? UGH@!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #35
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
I'm just afraid this "girlfriend" will use me for $60 AGAIN....

I really want to give this game the benefit of the doubt but I can't and it's nice to have the choice.

As for the review, excellent job Chase. This game is looking more and more like it'll be average-above average but not great. I'll be pleasantly surprised if this game gets an 8.5 metascore. I will be renting this one before I think of buying it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

My only concern is how well the cursor-based hitting plays at this point.
Everything else sounds encouraging.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:45 PM   #37
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
I thought Chase said he didn't get to play the PS3 version.
I didn't, but without getting into too much detail explaining how our database works, essentially when we pick a game in the database, it selects all the platforms the game is on, and PS3 just happens to be the one that shows up next to the article title when we cover multi-platform titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Soxfan, I'm fairly certain fielder turbo hasn't been in since 2K7. Also not to nitpick Chase, but the stealing mechanic he mentions is not new either. Your runner would go when you released the trigger last year too, so you couldn't preload steals in 2K9 either, but hopefully stealing is more solid and smooth this year.
Really? I always thought fielding turbo was in last year. I would always press the trigger figuring it was still there. I always felt like I was running faster with the trigger held, but it's entirely possible it was all in my mind. How did you dive in the game last year then, I forget at this point?

And as for the stealing, I think I was thrown off because sometimes the trigger didn't work last year -- aka it did not always respond so I figured it was a preload issue. But fair enough, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
That and the auto picks by the pitcher once you exceeded a three step lead, IMO, killed the system. My guys getting back standing up from a three step lead on a lefty with a "slow as molasses" move to first and if I try to extend my lead to a fourth step, I draw an infinite amount of automatic throws over from the pitcher. As if he didn't realize the last 5 times he tried that weak sauce move it wasn't even close...so hey, lets try it again.
Yeah, this seems to be an issue in like all baseball games. I guess you can minimize it in the Show via sliders, but it's such a pain that the pitcher will throw over 10 straight times either way.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #38
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Chase, you didn't mention anything about presentation. Rumor has it that there'll be an MLB Today feature like the NBA game. Any thoughts on commentary, in between innings boxscores, post game wrapups?

BigBlue
The sound was down pretty low, but MLB Today is there (it was not functioning when I was there because the season has not obviously started).
Old 01-28-2010, 05:54 PM   #39
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Hands On

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue
I hope that the CPU AI didn't remove the CPU pitcher after about 4 innings of work while having only thrown 40-50 pitches. :-)

All-in-all, I'm looking forward to this game as I saw the potential in MLB2K9 (even through all of the bugs and glitches). Keeping my fingers crossed.

BigBlue
Yeah, no pitcher got pulled way early or anything when I played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
i'm interested in knowing if the fielding camera has been lowered, or if there are more than one fielding camera now? I hated last year's cam.
I'm not sure if there is more than one camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
Thanks for your Preview. I get a feeling from reading your previews that there wasn't really anything in particular that gave you that WOW factor. I kind of get a feeling like the game is improved but almost like what 2k8 or 9 for that matter should have been. The stadiums seemed to be updated and offer more detail but the player models still look like something is just not right. Did anyone feel like the were watching a clay animation sequence? It's strange but that came to my mind a few times. Hopefully they will have an early demo to check out because I have learned my lesson for the past few years.
Generally speaking, I do not get too high or low on any game when I preview it. It's just too hard to have strong opinions and really believe in them and back them up after such small amounts of time with a game.

Graphically, I think part of it was the so-so textures on the faces and the other aspect is the color palette. Some people like the art style/colors others do not.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 10
Nice review Chase... think I'll hold off until I rent it. It's nice to hear that they put additional work after having a full year to devote to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »