Home

Win a Million Dollars, Playing Major League Baseball 2K10

This is a discussion on Win a Million Dollars, Playing Major League Baseball 2K10 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #57
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: ESPN: Win a million dollars playing MLB 2K10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
Yeah, but I'm sure they've lost trust from their fans over the years and need something to get them to give them another chance and buy their game. If the game had been solid over the past few years with a growing support base, I doubt we'd see this.
That's was my point. What a lame was to have people buy the game. To me that doesn't seem like they are wanting you to buy the game because it's much improved, just to get you to wanna try a win a Mil.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 01-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #58
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Win a Million Dollars, Playing Major League Baseball 2K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
WEll, i was told i am not getting the game early because of this. They dont want any of us toh ave an advantage. Nevermind that i dont even have a video camera to record myself. lol
I can understand their thought process, then again, I can't. I understand the idea of not wanting someone to "gain an advantage" by having the game early, but lets face it. No matter how good you are, to throw a perfect game, there is quite a bit of luck that is tossed in there.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I can understand their thought process, then again, I can't. I understand the idea of not wanting someone to "gain an advantage" by having the game early, but lets face it. No matter how good you are, to throw a perfect game, there is quite a bit of luck that is tossed in there.
oh well, its only a week. I will be fine. Now i am trying to get a Bioshock 2 early. I dont think i can do it, but hey. doesnt hurt to ask.hehe
Old 01-28-2010, 05:53 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
WEll, i was told i am not getting the game early because of this. They dont want any of us toh ave an advantage. Nevermind that i dont even have a video camera to record myself. lol
Pointless...you just know somebody's going to break street on it anyway.

Interesting marketing strategy with this whole thing. If it's a true all-star difficulty setting and they get all the other settings locked down this is not going to be an easy thing for anyone to pull off. And they wouldn't be offering a million dollars if they weren't prepared for every possible exploit.

That said, I would think modded consoles could still pose a threat to the legitimacy of this contest.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #61
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yeah, this thing really worries me how easy it will be for people that know how to abuse this kind of thing.

I'll give away my process now, though. First of all, if I were to buy it, I'd try to get the game early. That way I can figure out how to really play the game, tweak my settings to the best of my ability, find the best pitcher combined with a decent defense and the worst hitting team, etc. Then I'd make sure to enable Hurry Up play (if possible in MLB Today mode), because I'm not going to waste time trying to get $1 million, sorry lol.

Finally, I'd go for one run on offense, and afterward I'd just bunt or get picked off the rest of the game. Hey, the point of this is the pitching aspect, why would I be going for more offensive stuff and wasting my time while I'm all about trying to get a perfect game on defense? A waste of time for any of us.

And of course, if my perfect game is broken up, I would start over. So obviously this is all kind of unrealistic to baseball itself, but in no way is this cheating. All of this is just trying to maximize my chances within the game's capabilities, and should be perfectly acceptable as per the rules provided.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #62
MVP

duke776's Arena

Just a warning for anyone possibly considering getting this game just because of this chance, there are some states that it's not possible in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.2ksports.com/perfectgame
VOID IN AZ, CT, MD, ND, VT AND WHERE PROHIBITED
Old 01-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Last time I threw a perfecto was in Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball on the N64.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:44 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Pointless...you just know somebody's going to break street on it anyway.

Interesting marketing strategy with this whole thing. If it's a true all-star difficulty setting and they get all the other settings locked down this is not going to be an easy thing for anyone to pull off. And they wouldn't be offering a million dollars if they weren't prepared for every possible exploit.

That said, I would think modded consoles could still pose a threat to the legitimacy of this contest.
Of course people will, but since they send me free games.

Say i throw a perfect game and win the million bucks.then what?do you know how bad it would be for them if i was the one to do it. Ooh he's a moderator and he knows people at 2K. he got the game early so he had the advantage.

If someone gets it early and wins the million and the game didnt come directly from 2K sports but through a retailer, they take 0 heat on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »