Home

Win a Million Dollars, Playing Major League Baseball 2K10

This is a discussion on Win a Million Dollars, Playing Major League Baseball 2K10 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2010, 02:11 PM   #41
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: ESPN: Win a million dollars playing MLB 2K10!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Hell, I may buy the game just for this shot lol.

But here's a stupid question: Unless it shows up in trophy/achievement form, what says that people who get the game earlier than the release date don't get the perfect game before midnight on March 2nd? Obviously timestamps aren't too easy to look at on a DVD from a digital fingerprint.

The only thing I can see is if MLB Today rosters are updated at that time or if the mode isn't playable till then. Otherwise, some people may have a few days beforehand to try this out and then just claim that they won an hour after midnight or so.

Speaking of which, is this all based on the first person that sends in a DVD, or is this like BINGO! ? Like, maybe the first person that claims it gets precedence on getting their DVD examined first, whether they check theirs first, you know? So if I call BINGO! before somebody else, but someone else get their DVD sent in first, who gets the prize?
I usually get the game early (before official release date) My luck would be i get a perfecto before the contest starts and won't be able to to during the contest time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: ESPN: Win a million dollars playing MLB 2K10!

Well,i guess you cant moan and groan about marketing this year. It doesnt get any better then a chance to win a million.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #43
Banned

Re: Win a Million Dollars, Playing Major League Baseball 2K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Ah, my mistake. I read that wrong. Looks like I'm having a rough morning as well. lol

Also as someone mentioned, yeah 50k or 100k would do but a million. Damn. They must be really confident that on their default settings it's is very hard to do. Which in a way is not good because a perfect game is very hard to do but not impossible. And putting a million on the line almost makes it seems as a impossible feat.
i dont think they care if someone does it fast or not. Its more then likely all sponsorship money and not money out of their pockets. Its a win win for them.

More then likely not 2K's money and its a GREAt marketing plan.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:16 PM   #44
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I always wondered why companies didn't ever do something so simple as "pre-order our game and get a chance to win it for free." Even if it's one free copy for the entire world, I know some people that will chip in going for that offer.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #45
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Do you have to send the video by dvd in the mail? Or could you send it through the web? For instance, if I use a web cam, it would be more trouble to put it on a dvd...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
This is just a marketing scam. There will be no winner. Its sad that 2k has to stoop to these type of gimmicks to try and sell their product.
Not true. When you offer a contest for money an auditor will oversee it.

This sounds good. I actually threw a perfect game with Oliver Perez (I know right) last year against the Yankees.
NY Knicks :(

Old 01-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #47
MVP

duke776's Arena

Man, this really wants to make me get the game. I'm out of school right now, and don't have a job, what better to do than sit on my butt all day and try and win a million dollars. I don't need to sleep either, I'd be pretty determined to get this. Too bad I'd probably get my *** handed to me by the computer, and I don't have anything to record it with, oh well.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 10
So basically whoever is playing the As KC or Pirates are the teams I wanna give it a shot with lol.

Let me know if I am missing any horrible teams ha..... well if its not hit close to the deadline Im sure the Mets will suck again just like always lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »