Home

Win a Million Dollars, Playing Major League Baseball 2K10

This is a discussion on Win a Million Dollars, Playing Major League Baseball 2K10 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #25
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Win a Million Dollars, Playing Major League Baseball 2K10

This is just a marketing scam. There will be no winner. Its sad that 2k has to stoop to these type of gimmicks to try and sell their product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobastard
This is just a marketing scam. There will be no winner. Its sad that 2k has to stoop to these type of gimmicks to try and sell their product.
Who assures us that the game is not scripted? I'm afraid this game mode might become dangerously addicting for some....
Old 01-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #27
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: ESPN: Win a million dollars playing MLB 2K10!

Hell, I may buy the game just for this shot lol.

But here's a stupid question: Unless it shows up in trophy/achievement form, what says that people who get the game earlier than the release date don't get the perfect game before midnight on March 2nd? Obviously timestamps aren't too easy to look at on a DVD from a digital fingerprint.

The only thing I can see is if MLB Today rosters are updated at that time or if the mode isn't playable till then. Otherwise, some people may have a few days beforehand to try this out and then just claim that they won an hour after midnight or so.

Speaking of which, is this all based on the first person that sends in a DVD, or is this like BINGO! ? Like, maybe the first person that claims it gets precedence on getting their DVD examined first, whether they check theirs first, you know? So if I call BINGO! before somebody else, but someone else get their DVD sent in first, who gets the prize?
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-28-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
The contest is only for one day. And it is chosen on a contest screen, so you may have to play with what is given, it says everything resets if you try and alter.

So who knows... they obviously know something about their game, where it isn't as easy as you would think, to just hand away $1 mil. (Even if it is sponsored money)
Contest is through 5-2-10

Wonder if this forces EB/GS's hand and they have to do a midnight release? If so that means midnight for The Show...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 01-28-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:37 PM   #29
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Never seen something like this done before, and sounds like a cool idea
Old 01-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #30
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Hell, I may buy the game just for this shot lol.

But here's a stupid question: Unless it shows up in trophy/achievement form, what says that people who get the game earlier than the release date don't get the perfect game before midnight on March 2nd? Obviously timestamps aren't too easy to look at on a DVD from a digital fingerprint.

The only thing I can see is if MLB Today rosters are updated at that time or if the mode isn't playable till then. Otherwise, some people may have a few days beforehand to try this out and then just claim that they won an hour after midnight or so.

Speaking of which, is this all based on the first person that sends in a DVD, or is this like BINGO! ? Like, maybe the first person that claims it gets precedence on getting their DVD examined first, whether they check theirs first, you know? So if I call BINGO! before somebody else, but someone else get their DVD sent in first, who gets the prize?
There's an achievement (assuming trophy) for throwing a perfect game.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 01-28-2010, 12:50 PM   #31
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
There's an achievement (assuming trophy) for throwing a perfect game.
Hmm, then it makes me wonder what if you accidentally throw one before that?

I hope it also notes what difficulty you played it on, because I know some people that are just great with camera tricks going into the pause menu and coming out without skipping any frames, and changing to Pro difficulty or something.

This is what I fear.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #32
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I've never thrown a perfecto in a baseball game in my life (did it in Bigs 2, but that doesn't count). I've thrown 2 or 3 no-hitters, but nothing recent.

No chance I win the million..and if I did get it rolling, I can guarantee you I'd have the lens cap on the camcorder anyway. LOL
Don't you have to record start from finish?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »