Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #513
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Wait, so you can turn chemistry off and keep roles on and the 3pt stat will be fixed?
No, other way around.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Old 01-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #514
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
No, other way around.
Is there any point in leaving chemistry on with play roles off?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #515
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I don't even touch my Live anymore. Collecting dust in my 2k Locker....lol I will give it another chance when the 3rd patch comes out. Right now 2k doesn't come out of my system. I been whipping cheesers asses with low ranked teams (usually teams people don't play with)...playing smart basketball. I can beat people with so many teams now. I close my eyes and press random 3 times. And open my eyes once the tip-off (to see who I have). Thats how good this game is.
Doing that samething....I sweep through a room of my friends the other day (winner stays on). I gave up the controller after a while....lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #516
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Question: Are any of you who are having problems after patch #2 using living rosters or a 2kshare roster?

Also, could someone please give a pros/cons (summary) list of downloading patch #2. I am picking up this game (for a 2nd time) on Friday. I downloaded patch #1 before I traded it in however and I am just wondering if it is worth downloading patch #2. I am strictly an offline (association mode) player and I don't know if I should or not. I have read that patch #2 has improved gameplay quite a bit.....I'd like to know how exactly. Thanks!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #517
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Is there any point in leaving chemistry on with play roles off?
i would highly advise against that. i was doing that and you will notice that team chemistry for all teams is insanely high. this brings up everyones ratings a lot too. basically any combination with player roles off still results in some sort of negative result and you'll have a ton of CPU trades unless you turn off CPU trading too. i thought i would be ok with chemistry and roles off and CPU trades on but no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Question: Are any of you who are having problems after patch #2 using living rosters or a 2kshare roster?

Also, could someone please give a pros/cons (summary) list of downloading patch #2. I am picking up this game (for a 2nd time) on Friday. I downloaded patch #1 before I traded it in however and I am just wondering if it is worth downloading patch #2. I am strictly an offline (association mode) player and I don't know if I should or not. I have read that patch #2 has improved gameplay quite a bit.....I'd like to know how exactly. Thanks!
k_rob, like i said in that other thread, i think the custom rosters only maintains the free agent glitch. you've probably seen the cons out there obviously with the 3pt glitch, team chemistry being high and affecting ratings, insane CPU trades.

i would say pros are less passing out of drives, CPU assists seem to be toned down a bit, a few new contact in the paint animations and less of the one where the player chucks the ball at the hoop (still happens though), less accurate passing out of a double in the post and out of a situation where you're running one way and try to quickly pass back to the opposite direction.

Last edited by BroMontana82; 01-27-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 PM   #518
Rookie

OVR: 8

Joakim Noah should not be shooting 3's in My Player Mode.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:09 AM   #519
MVP

OVR: 14

Does anyone else have the issue in My Player mode where you never get subbed out? My player and the 4 guys on the court with me play literally the whole game. This is completely ruining the mode for me.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #520
Rookie

OVR: 7

@2k developers

I personally like this game, but the main thing i noticed that is one of the major concerns is the reckless 3pt jacking of the big man.

What happened during the patch#2 is that the big men don't seem to know they are big men. This is why all the 3pt shooting. but that's not the only problem. I play as the Chicago Bulls and after the patch I know have Joakim Noah coming off screens by Kirk Hinrich looking to shoot a long range jumper (during the freelance plays). Not just Noah either, Tyrus Thomas, and my rookie center also does this. So I traded for Javel McGee and now he's doing the same thing. And Derrick Rose and Hinrich are constantly posting up. It seems like the tendencies don't work anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »