Home

Pre-Order MLB 10: The Show and Get Free Classic Stadiums (Playstation.Blog)

This is a discussion on Pre-Order MLB 10: The Show and Get Free Classic Stadiums (Playstation.Blog) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #169
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Pre-Order MLB 10: The Show and Get Free Classic Stadiums (Playstation.Blog)

Where were all of the complainers when this thread came out?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-edition.html

As Knight said, most people said they would pay for classic stadiums (1 person said they would not). We've already heard that the liscensing for them are 4 times as much as current stadiums. Not only is this something in addition to the other features they have added or improved upon this year, but we have the option to get them for free. I just don't get some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this whole process is BS
Old 01-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #170
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
apparently I'm not the only one who thinks this whole process is BS
I agree. It's one thing to have it as DLC, but it's wrong to advertise it as if it's in the game, ready to use as soon as you buy it. It's not a big deal to the hardcore fans, because they will preorder anyway, but it's very misleading to the average consumer.
Russell's statement that the fact sheet didn't say how you would obtain them is also questionable, since everything else listed is included with the game. There's also no way for people without internet access to get these stadiums, since you can't get the platinum trophy without playing games online.

I don't have a problem if SCEA makes classic stadiums DLC, and it's great that they have ways to get them for free, but I think that should have been made clear on the fact sheet. Saying 11 new stadiums are available on the PS3 implies that they were added to the game, not something that you have to purchase seperately
Old 01-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #171
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Seriously...its not that big of a deal that people are trying to make it out to be.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #172
Cod
MVP

Cod's Arena

OVR: 10

I pre-ordered from GameStop last month. When I called them after the blog release, they told me the vouchers will be good to go for the pre-orders...including mine. Granted, I shop at GameStop on a military installation (Andrews AFB), so they don't get as many customers as most other stores.

We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm not going to get my panties in a wad over it.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #173
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan2222
I
Saying 11 new stadiums are available on the PS3 implies that they were added to the game, not something that you have to purchase seperately

No it does not imply that, you just assume that. It says available on.

You don't have to purchase separately, you can unlock them with trophies, and get it free with a pre-order at just about every major video game retailer.

I don't get why this is such a big deal, free if you pre-order. It cost you nothing.

If this was so important to you, you would just pre-order.

Just being argumentative now people.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #174
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
No it does not imply that, you just assume that. It says available on.

You don't have to purchase separately, you can unlock them with trophies, and get it free with a pre-order at just about every major video game retailer.

I don't get why this is such a big deal, free if you pre-order. It cost you nothing.

If this was so important to you, you would just pre-order.

Just being argumentative now people.
That's what is misleading about it. The fact sheet also says the following are available: Future's game, minor league stadiums, mascots, home run derby, weekly roster updates, and new camera system. All of those are accessible straight out of the box, with nothing extra needed to be done. To me, there's nothing that differentiates classic stadiums as not being in the same category as the others. It's not a big deal since they offer it for free with a pre-order, but I have a feeling people who don't realize it's only free with a pre-order are going to be mad when they get their game and classic stadiums aren't there.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #175
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

I understand what these guys are saying. I also dislike it when we have to "unlock" stuff to use it in games. If I want to play a game in the Polo Grounds, I should be able to do so....not have to fart around figuring out what I need to do to win some trophy that's needed to unlock the stadium.

I pre-ordered, so it won't effect me....but just in general I think it's a bad idea. Quit forcing us to unlock things to use them in the game....just give us the stadiums or whatever from the start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 05:28 PM   #176
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

So what about non-online PS3 users? When is disc #2 available?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »