Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-27-2010, 01:45 AM   #73
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I dont think thats true at all. I think, that certain players that are great have trouble with certain pitches and they will foul them off until the pitcher makes a mistake or he makes a mistake. Like i said, not everyone can do it, but alot can, you will see them take half effort hacks at them as well. LOL, maybe i should twitter Longoria or a pro player and ask them about this.
Are we talking about two strike counts, or non two strike counts? In a non two strike count, I'm more than likely not swinging at a pitch that's in a "cold zone" of mine. In a two strike count, I've obviously expanded my vision to the entire strike zone, but I still don't look beyond that.

That being said, I've taken some strike three calls in my day where I wasn't particularly proud of the umpire's ability to show off that he can punch a fist better than he can see a ball crossing over the plate (or not, for that matter).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-27-2010, 02:01 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 7
um, I hate the 2k series batting view. it's already so far away from the hitter and now they are moving it even farther back (just check out the screenshots here on OS). even World Series Baseball on sega Genesis had better batting cams. and i hope this touted "batting eye" is not just for the benefit of user controlled batting, it better be for the CPU too, if I load up the demo of this game and the CPU is first pitch hitting again i won't even bother to rent this game.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:53 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

Exactly right Jim. Some hitters are better at making contact on bad pitches, or late swings, but they are by no means, intentionally fouling off pitches for "their pitch". That is all broadcasting hype.

Every time you commit to a swing, it is in hopes to put it in play.
Totally disagree with both of you on that as I remember many players grown up doing this regulary on close pitches ALOT in a row but they would swing late on close pitches till they got their pitch or walked.
Anouncers would always mention this as alot of guys on KC / STL did this maybe a Howser /White Rat thing but Im pretty sure it was a taught skill back in the day.
Still not cool no check swing does that include button swing ?
Must have been something bad for them to leave a function like that .

Last edited by dorismary; 01-27-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 7

Anyone else notice in the Upton sliding into homeplate picture, is that the Yankees dugout clapping while the umpire is calling Upton safe? those dugout animations are

(Follow me on Twitter!)
http://www.twitter.com/Jerm_Weiner[b]

-I run on Red Sox, Celtics, and Patriots.
-MLB 2K, NBA 2K, and Madden fan only.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #77
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm21
Anyone else notice in the Upton sliding into homeplate picture, is that the Yankees dugout clapping while the umpire is calling Upton safe? those dugout animations are
I can't tell if they are clapping or throwing their hands up because the ball got loose. 2k has their blur machine on full throttle so you really can't see too well.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:02 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm21
I've seen many dugout's do this thinking the player was out, only to see the ump call the runner safe, due to ball being dis-lodge during the collision. I know 2k deserves a lot of the criticism it's gotten, but this-1 is a little over the top IMO
Old 01-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #79
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Totally disagree with both of you on that as I remember many players grown up doing this regulary on close pitches ALOT in a row but they would swing late on close pitches till they got their pitch or walked.
Anouncers would always mention this as alot of guys on KC / STL did this maybe a Howser /White Rat thing but Im pretty sure it was a taught skill back in the day.
Still not cool no check swing does that include button swing ?
Must have been something bad for them to leave a function like that .
Standing at the plate and playing a video are two very different scenarios. It is not necessary to put the responsibility on the user to decide when he needs to do a defensive swing. We are playing with MLB players who have tons of attributes in the game to determine the outcome of this type of situation. Our goal is to make contact and if you have a player who has a good plate vision attribute you still have the ability to have some great foul ball battles to stay alive at the plate using a contact swing.

This defensive swing feature sounds like it should be a mini game to me. Where your sole purpose is to fight off pitches and stay alive in the count.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #80
MVP

OVR: 13

I didn't see it in the thread (I may have missed it), but this interview confirms 2K10 is 60fps. Good news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »