Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 New Screenshots (1-25-10)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 New Screenshots (1-25-10) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #89
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 New Screenshots (1-25-10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
bigfnjoe96 I think you made 2k10 look worse comparatively speaking. Even though stadium colors are closer to their real life counterparts it just proves more they took away a lot of the texturing of the construction elements that make up the stadium and even the grass.
I think the Camera Angle & Lighting is what's causing the difference. It also looks like they are again using a different color palette, which drives me crazy, because they seem to do this( change Color Palette) every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Joe is funny, your Love for MLB2k over the years is crazy man, you have a PS3 and you still love MLB2k.....LOL...You are sure a loyalist of MLB2k for sure..
For me it's more about what system I like to game-on. I exclusively game on my 360, hence why I chose to play 2k baseball more than The Show.

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 01-26-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:47 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
The IGN preview mentione it was 60fps with some drop to 30fps during flyballs.
Ah, I missed it.

There's still a chance the game will run at a steady 60fps. Last year at this time, SimBaller popped in to tell us optimization is the last thing to happen during a game's development.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:12 AM   #91
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
There are absolutely zero things in 2K9's Yankee Stadium that look better than 2K10's Yankee Stadium, and I'm talking about the stadium only, not the fans. As for the fans, I think that when you get close up to them the game will make them more high-res, and if not I guess it's just to help out the framerate because of the camera view they went for. Either way, they changed the colors to more white shirts and team colors, so I like that.
Says you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #92
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04

With regards to the hitter's eye, it actually tells you the pitch that early?
Quote:
please don't tell me that the Batter's Eye has us reading pitches before they actually come, as well as location.
Well, I don't see the big deal about this. Yes, it would be better if the reads came later, but I'm used to early indications like this because when I play The Show 09, it tells me if I guessed the pitch correctly before the pitcher even starts his leg kick.....so the timing seems about the same on this, or possibly even later. Plus, it can be turned off too.

Last edited by jeffy777; 01-26-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:19 AM   #93
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I never understood that feature one bit. It has been a problem since 2K3 that any sort of "guess pitch" feature has shown up while the pitcher was in his windup.

The point is to be able to read these things like the players, right? Well how the hell can they read it before they even throw the ball? Believe me, major leaguers (especially Sabathia) don't tip pitches quite like little leaguers do. This is essentially a poorly implemented feature that I will be glad to turn off when I play this game.

It's always like VC has the right ideas and they sound like they could be good on paper, but there is always a catch to them.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #94
Rookie

sonnyleesmith's Arena

OVR: 2

IDK if anyone mentioned it, but the player silhouette is gone, I would have to presume it is for generated players as much as created players.

So, a big Woo-Hoo to that!

I'm So Awkward!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #95
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I never understood that feature one bit. It has been a problem since 2K3 that any sort of "guess pitch" feature has shown up while the pitcher was in his windup.

The point is to be able to read these things like the players, right? Well how the hell can they read it before they even throw the ball? Believe me, major leaguers (especially Sabathia) don't tip pitches quite like little leaguers do. This is essentially a poorly implemented feature that I will be glad to turn off when I play this game.

It's always like VC has the right ideas and they sound like they could be good on paper, but there is always a catch to them.
I agree. But, like I said, this is how the timing is in The Show with the Guess Pitch (it tells you before the pitcher even does his leg kick), so we're used to it this way, so it seems VC is doing something similar to what The Show is doing. But really it should be better in both games.

Last edited by jeffy777; 01-26-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #96
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
I agree. But, like I said, this is how the timing is in The Show with the Guess Pitch (it tells you before the pitcher even does his leg kick), so we're used to it, so I don't see why we would complain about VC doing something similar to what The Show is doing. But really it should be better in both games.
I've complained about it with The Show as well (maybe not in the forums). I never have it turned on as a result, I feel it's gimmicky and cheap. I literally turn off every visual aid available in these games, and I mean every aid. Unless they seem to help with respect to feeling more like the sport of baseball, I think it's much better if these are off.

You know what would be a nice feature? To be able to "look for" a pitch (not "guess"). Depending on the count or player, you get to choose a part of the strike zone, like a half or third of the plate. As the pitch starts coming in, that area's color starts either seemingly warming or cooling, and depending on the batter's eye it varies based on what it's thinking about the pitch. A guy like Manny would be able to better recognize if it's going to be a splitter dropping out of the zone (hence it starts out being warm than begins to cool), and a guy like Sandoval would have trouble holding off because of how fat the pitch initially looks.

Furthermore, some people just have worse eyes. Maybe they can't look at a smaller portion of the plate or maybe their vision is skewed where they think they are getting a pitch in their looked for zone until the very last second. The same can go for pitch types, but it's more so about location.

I can't really find a better way to do such a feature, but I know that the way they're doing it, and the way that SCEA does it, is pretty off with respect to the way players actually look for a pitch.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 01-26-2010 at 11:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »