Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #249
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Looks like Ron may have learned his lesson, though I can't say I like his defensive attitude:

RT @jean1991@Ronnie2K New MLB Insight today?->No longer giving advance notice. People are mad over something that didn't even exist last yr via Twitter

lol, ok Ron......seems kinda like a snobby tweet, no?
Ha! I saw that posted on the 2K site yesterday. This is what I mean about not getting it. People aren't mad because they didn't wake up to find no insight. They are mad because they were told to look for something in a given time frame and it didn't happen.

Those who are actually mad, of course. I think many have just learned to take theses "announcement announcements" with a grain of salt.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #250
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Ha! I saw that posted on the 2K site yesterday. This is what I mean about not getting it. People aren't mad because they didn't wake up to find no insight. They are mad because they were told to look for something in a given time frame and it didn't happen.

Those who are actually mad, of course. I think many have just learned to take theses "announcement announcements" with a grain of salt.
Yeah, I loved 2K7, so I remember getting infuriated by the failed announcements back around 2K8 (which, coincidently was around the time they hired Ron.....go figure), but then I just became numb to their empty promises. And now while I still like to read upcoming news about their game, I certainly don't get my hopes up in any way.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #251
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Yeah, I loved 2K7, so I remember getting infuriated by the failed announcements back around 2K8 (which, coincidently was around the time they hired Ron.....go figure), but then I just became numb to their empty promises. And now while I still like to read upcoming news about their game, I certainly don't get my hopes up in any way.
All who want competition back raise your hand.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Last edited by Jamin23; 01-23-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #252
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Yup. I generally tend to operate under a simple assumption: The higher the hopes, the farther the fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Old 01-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #253
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
I certainly do. I love The Show, but there is nothing wrong with having the option of another game to play, and 2K has done some good and noteworthy things throughout the series. Now if they could only stop un-doing those things and, instead, build upon them....
Old 01-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #254
MVP

Quote:
I certainly do. I love The Show, but there is nothing wrong with having the option of another game to play, and 2K has done some good and noteworthy things throughout the series. Now if they could only stop un-doing those things and, instead, build upon them....
They need competition that is on the 360 as well as the PS3 like having MVP baseball back. If they had another game on the 360 and not just the show, than maybe it would push them to make a good game that represents the game of baseball and not under deliver. Maybe they wouldn't take features out that are part of baseball and make the gameplay better.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #255
MVP

I think that the developers should just post the insights themselves. That way they can post them on time and might not have to get approval. EA and SCEA developers all post the insights themselves and think it would benefit the gamers and 2k if they posted the insights themselves.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2010, 05:11 PM   #256
True Ace

Galvatron's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605

I call it the "bare minimum" routine, doing just enough to warrant justification that this approach of theirs is good business. He pretty much said it himself, "mad about something that wasn't there last year". It's marketing a product, something you're supposed to be doing, not some extra credit work for brownie points. This a sports game, something that non-sports fans and even some die-hards complain is the same type of game every year with minor additions. Their responsibility is to dispel this type of perception by releasing tid-bits of info to convince otherwise. They ARE still charging $60 this year,correct? A year after the critical bashing of 2k9. And 2k8. And I agree he was better off not saying anything, because the response he gave sounds like the high and mighty attitude that they CANNOT afford to have this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »