Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #457
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
How many customers have you potentially lost cause of the way 2k10 was released? You lost football and collegeball...I would think you would want to up the anty sort of speak on NBA2k. Like I said personally I love the game and play it for what it is...not complaining but just saying with so many other people not happy about the game. Hope they step it up with less hassle in 2k11...this is for the mass.
I think they could've and likely should've focused more on ironing out any gameplay issues w/the game pre-release. But when I look at the game as a whole, and the huge amount of new content added, I think those that complain don't take those things into account. NBA Today and My Player are huge first year additions. NBA Today was mostly flawless. Based on what I read My Player had a lot of nagging issues but it didn't seem anything that made it completely unplayable. There were a lot of online performance issues. But I think fans also need to take into account just how much content/gameplay options in the game are online-enabled.

Not trying to excuse them for any issues, just saying I'm not sure that things are as bad as some fans make things out to be. Many of us would've been happy if they only did the one patch and nothing else. At the same time, there are people that were trying to make the argument it would be flat-out negligence if they didn't put out a second patch; that the game was unplayable to them. After patch 1 lol. I saw a thread on one board where a person cursed 2K up one side and down the other, all because of his perceived issues with My Player. Then criticized how long the patch 1 list was, saying there was no way a patch should be that extensive. Despite the fact that most of patch 1 I'd consider tweaks, not fixes to things that flat out didn't work.

I think fans have to be more practical in their expectations and try not to be overly dramatic when they encounter an issue ("The game is unplayable because of [this issue]!" "I can't believe so-and-so's 3pt rating is 4pts higher than I think it should be!". I know this big men 3pt issue, the blank ticker, etc. are legit issues but need to be weighed against the game as a whole. A 3rd patch might fix these issues, but there's always the possibility those fixes would affect something else. Then we're talking a patch 4. I think patch 2 has worthy improvements, but it always presented the possibility of upsetting people that were already satisfied versus satisfying those that weren't after patch 1. But even without patch 2, I'm sure when 2K11 rolls around there would've been many people wanting to label 2K10 as "a buggy mess". I just don't see the need for such over-dramatic claims

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #458
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think they could've and likely should've focused more on ironing out any gameplay issues w/the game pre-release. But when I look at the game as a whole, and the huge amount of new content added, I think those that complain don't take those things into account. NBA Today and My Player are huge first year additions. NBA Today was mostly flawless. Based on what I read My Player had a lot of nagging issues but it didn't seem anything that made it completely unplayable. There were a lot of online performance issues. But I think fans also need to take into account just how much content/gameplay options in the game are online-enabled.

Not trying to excuse them for any issues, just saying I'm not sure that things are as bad as some fans make things out to be. Many of us would've been happy if they only did the one patch and nothing else. At the same time, there are people that were trying to make the argument it would be flat-out negligence if they didn't put out a second patch; that the game was unplayable to them. After patch 1 lol. I saw a thread on one board where a person cursed 2K up one side and down the other, all because of his perceived issues with My Player. Then criticized how long the patch 1 list was, saying there was no way a patch should be that extensive. Despite the fact that most of patch 1 I'd consider tweaks, not fixes to things that flat out didn't work.

I think fans have to be more practical in their expectations and try not to be overly dramatic when they encounter an issue ("The game is unplayable because of [this issue]!" "I can't believe so-and-so's 3pt rating is 4pts higher than I think it should be!". I know this big men 3pt issue, the blank ticker, etc. are legit issues but need to be weighed against the game as a whole. A 3rd patch might fix these issues, but there's always the possibility those fixes would affect something else. Then we're talking a patch 4. I think patch 2 has worthy improvements, but it always presented the possibility of upsetting people that were already satisfied versus satisfying those that weren't after patch 1. But even without patch 2, I'm sure when 2K11 rolls around there would've been many people wanting to label 2K10 as "a buggy mess". I just don't see the need for such over-dramatic claims
QFT
Old 01-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #459
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22

I'll agree with most of what you said. I think forums lend themselves to people being a bit overly dramatic at times regardless of what board you're on.

That said, while I won't classify 2K10 as a buggy mess, I will flat out say that it is disappointing. It's disappointing to see so much potential sitting underneath what appear to be dumb mistakes. Glitches coming and going with the different patches, frame rate problems from the beginning, the 3-point big man issue - the list goes on and on.

So here we are at the end of January - over 3 months after release - and there are still things in this game that seem like minor details that should have been caught in routine testing. I understand that there are things that will not be caught due simply to the amount of content you referenced in your post, but silly little things like not checking to see if the sports ticker actually turns off when you want it to screams of a lack of attention to detail - and I thought detail was something 2K prided itself on.

And then the 3-point thing. That's just ridiculous. Why are these things not being checked for and reviewed before being pushed out for release? While I think it's great that we live in a day where patches can be pushed out to fix console games, I think it's sad that the trend seems to be to release with known problems and worry about fixing it later.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #460
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
am i the only one that is STILL having this problem?!
i cant sign Udoka, Boykins... etc

WTF!
im still having this also
Old 01-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #461
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop
So here we are at the end of January - over 3 months after release - and there are still things in this game that seem like minor details that should have been caught in routine testing. I understand that there are things that will not be caught due simply to the amount of content you referenced in your post, but silly little things like not checking to see if the sports ticker actually turns off when you want it to screams of a lack of attention to detail - and I thought detail was something 2K prided itself on.
Probably should continue the discussion in separate thread discussing the merits of releasing a second patch. But to what you posted above, the game does have a lot of detail. A LOT of gameplay detail. Even if you think just from a Presentation standpoint, there are a TON of little details they got right, that there aren't problems with. I agree somewhat that within the testing script there should be something for turning off/on various options to make sure the expected behavior occurs. I've never tried to play with the ticker off, so I'm not sure how irritating it is. But when I think of that issue versus all the new elements that were added, just from a Presentation standpoint (since the ticker is Presentation-related imo) - players reacting to fouls differently, appropriate music/camera angle displays kicking in on free throws/timeouts/ball stoppages, stadium and user-specific intros, appropriate bench/player/coach reactions to activity on the court, etc. - I think they paid attention to a great deal of things if one of the few things they missed is the sports ticker bar not completely disappearing when the option is turned off.

Just to add, one option is always adding less so there are less variables to account for, less possible points of failure. In the bigger scheme of things, I like that they're aggressive with trying to implement new things. But there always needs to be balance in terms of making sure the product plays as best possible at default. Which may mean scaling back

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 01-21-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #462
SimWorld Sports Inc - CEO

ronyell's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceothachosen1
im still having this also
solution below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell

^
i can confirm this!

and this is not using an existing association, it was using a brand new one but i did find a resolution.

if you have this problem:

BEFORE you start your association, you have to go to those players that have the "2010 - 2011 contract glitch" like (Boykins, Udoka, Antonio Daniels, Tinsley, Barry) & so on.... sign them to a team & then edit their contracts so that is only a value in the first year & the others are greyed out & then save.... then release the player from the team & repeat steps for all of the problem players.... save the roster & start a new association using that roster & the issue will be resolved.

it seems like they made the problem fixable with the patch but did not actually fixi the ACTUAL problem with the players themselves.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:54 PM   #463
Banned

OVR: 10

at the moment lebron cheeser went up for a monster dunk on bogut and while i jumped to defend it , lebron somehow had the ball knocked back to the halfcourt line, i knew that this patch was special. :f reddy: had 4 more on him after that.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #464
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Playing against cheesers online is hilarious now... none of their cheap tactics work anymore. They all seem to quit once I get a 10+ point lead on then and I'm holding the Kobe spammers to like 2-17 shooting

Problem is I'm still having trouble getting into ranked matches so I haven't been able to play as much online as I want to.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »