Home

Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #129
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
It may not matter if the gameplay sucks. But I gotta give it up for this.
This was in 2K7, unsure about 2K8, and completely scrapped from 2K9.

Though even 2K7 had some weird red skies and such. From the Gamestop pics, it looks like this may be the best progressive lighting system put in a baseball game to date.

Oh, and the numbers look more than massive. They do need to address that. However I've seen games with tiny numbers (MLB 2K6), and I'd much prefer bigger numbers over smaller numbers. But, I'd also much prefer regular-sized numbers over bigger numbers.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #130
College Hoops 2K Art Director

OVR: 2
Smile Re: Major League Baseball 2K10: MLB Developer Insights - Art Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
I really hope the sky isn't completely dark at the start of night games. Does anyone know if progressive lighting will be in 2k10?
I can answer:.

First question: no it won't be dark for the start of night games since it's near summer and the sun sets at a later time, also this depends on the location of the actual stadium too.

Yes, There is progressive lighting going thru all the times of day for many weather conditions.

Thanks.

Alan
Old 01-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #131
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablouin

First question: no it won't be dark for the start of night games since it's near summer and the sun sets at a later time, also this depends on the location of the actual stadium too.

Yes, There is progressive lighting going thru all the times of day for many weather conditions.

Thanks.

Alan
Do you plan on doing something about the numbers and fonts on the jerseys? Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 12:54 PM   #132
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablouin

Thanks.

Alan
That's pretty awesome. For "all the times of day", does that mean we can set the hour of day again this year for exhibition games? (like 1:00 AM, etc.)
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-17-2010, 02:01 PM   #133

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
I wonder why 2K doesn't use Euphoria (BackBreaker football game Tech) for their sports titles like NBA2k, NHL2k, and MLB2k...

they use it for their other games like GTA4 and Red Dead Revolver.

Rockstar used the technology. They are in no way connected with 2K sports. They're simply both published by Take Two. And, after seeing Euphoria used in The Force Unleashed and GTA, I'm not sure it's as realistic as many want to believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Maybe there is hope around animations... Alan mentioned the use of Inverse Kinematics,

so I googled IK & found this via Wiki:

Seems like we may have more natural looking/moving Player Models
Nice lookup.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #134
Rookie

topgundie's Arena

OVR: 3

Not sure if anyone saw this too but they used the old twins script for the twins jerseys and behind home plate in the picture with Morneau. the script should look like the one on the right. the one on the left is what 2k used.
Attached Images
File Type: png Primaries.png (98.5 KB, 140 views)
Old 01-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #135
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Rockstar used the technology. They are in no way connected with 2K sports. They're simply both published by Take Two. And, after seeing Euphoria used in The Force Unleashed and GTA, I'm not sure it's as realistic as many want to believe.

Nice lookup.
eh, thats not what i been told. Even in NBA2K they said that we have used Image Metrics becuase they have worked with Rockstar and they had a relationship with them. To me that sounded like they were connected in someway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #136

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
eh, thats not what i been told. Even in NBA2K they said that we have used Image Metrics becuase they have worked with Rockstar and they had a relationship with them. To me that sounded like they were connected in someway.
Well, perhaps I'm wr..I mean..maybe I'm wrrr...What I'm trying to say is I could be Wrr...Wrr..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »