Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Video: Pitchers vs. Hitters #3 (Gameplay)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Video: Pitchers vs. Hitters #3 (Gameplay) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #49

OVR: 34
Re: First MLB2K10 Footage!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Other promotional shots have included glimpses of in-game footage and you typically can see improvements.

That's not the case here, IMO. And I consider myself an individual with an eye for detail.

Even knowing this, again, there's nothing that even hints at this being a title refined for an entire year. While I'm not expecting to be blown away, I'd at the least expect some sort of visual cue of evolution.
I would agree, and like others have said, it's safe to conclude the game ahsn't seen much in the visual presentation. The consensus so far is that the game looks exactly like 2K9, and it does. If that's the case, maybe they did indeed focus on greatly improving the gameplay. I want to see that happen. The graphics last year didn't bother me, the gameplay eventually did.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #50
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
I'm sorry but how can some of you guys say that you don't care about visuals? I mean it's 2010 and other games have amazing looking graphics. There is no reason why the game play can not be vastly improved upon while still blowing our sox off with upgraded graphics. I know I sure as heck wouldn't enjoy playing stick ball even if there were 100% authentic sticks!
If addressing the visuals were as simple as throwing more people on the art team I'd agree with you, but the problem is the coding in the 2k engine. How many times have these guys had to dumb down the graphics because of framerate issues? I think this is the second time since 2k7. That's a coding problem, not a problem with the art team.

I also understand how difficult it can be to make big changes in applications on a one year dev cycle. The whole MLB 2k series is such a giant cluster that I want a solid gameplay addressed before they address improving the visuals.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 13

I politely disagree about this promo (from a visual standpoint) looking identical to 2K9. The lighting, player models and cloth physics have been tweaked.

I know those tweaks do not speak to gameplay, but the game does look slightly different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 05:45 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 15

After seeing this sneak peek trailer I conclude that I cannot jump to conclusions. Last year Lincecum's video blew me away, then the game performed under par. I need gameplay footage, for now I've only noticed better graphics, but just a little, and no spectators moving down the aisles, which can lead to no dynamic attendance (yeah, beside gameplay I'm a prsentation guy, like the littlle tihings).
Old 01-15-2010, 06:41 PM   #53
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Video: Pitchers vs. Hitters #3 (Gameplay)

Thought it was okay; not much to break down - lots of bad karma here it seems. Expected a brighter color palette but the shadowing looked improved. Was mostly amusing for the banter between the players

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Thought it was okay; not much to break down - lots of bad karma here it seems. Expected a brighter color palette but the shadowing looked improved. Was mostly amusing for the banter between the players
I hope they were going more for the entertainment and not the game itself.

FLY EAGLES FLY

Old 01-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Now that I have viewed this my take is the Shadowing & Lighting looks really good & as usual the Signature Styles are smokin. I really want to see that Art Direction Insight to see if they talk about what they did different this year Graphically & Animation wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Now that I have viewed this my take is the Shadowing & Lighting looks really good & as usual the Signature Styles are smokin. I really want to see that Art Direction Insight to see if they talk about what they did different this year Graphically & Animation wise.
And it's coming out in a few. MLB 2K10 Insight approved... coming up momentarily. http://twitter.com/ronnie2K

FLY EAGLES FLY

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »