Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #281
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

thanks guys... thats the ish i need to know.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #282
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: PS3 2nd PATCH IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
One of the biggest things I notice yesterday playing in a few games last night. Were miss layups in heavy traffic. I also saw a possession where...My opponent missed a wide open dunk. Then back the other way. I missed another wide open dunk. This was all online. I had several games where I had to question my opponent over the mic. "Did you change the sliders?".....3 guys answered the samething....."What are sliders?"....lol Easy way to know that means no.
my problem with the layups is that its way to easy to get an and 1...i have the slider for layups to 40 because of that...the continuation and the ball going in is almost 90 percent in if you leave the layup slider in default...

playing against the cpu or human opponent have you noticed less and 1 ingame?
Old 01-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #283
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I've played four exhibition games post patch (Mavs @ Bulls, Bulls @ Nets, Bulls @ 76ers, Grizzlies @ Bulls). I've ran the gamut of results, beat the Mavs by 3, beat the 76ers by 5, got blown out by the Nets by 19 (yikes... Nocioni was on fire, burning up his old team) and beat down the Grizz by 13. I'll just pull the items that involve more than a simple "yes, this works now" straight from the patch list and comment on them:

Being the stat freak that I am, this was one of the fixes that I was looking forward to most, and it definitely delivered. Before this patch I would give up close to 30 assists each game against the computer—the CPU would only end up with a handful of unassisted buckets per game.

I think they may have tightened up the window of when an assist will be credited, but I've also noticed more Iso's from the CPU. This was most noticable in my game against the Mavs. Dirk would get the ball around the elbow, face away from the basket, pause for a couple seconds, maybe do a shoulder fake to the left or right, then do his ridiculous fadeaway. It was awesome, even though he was burning me with it.

I think there is a nice balance with these now. The good passers have little trouble with double teams and long passes. But if you try passing out of a contact animation with someone like Joakim Noah, you might as well start running back to get on defense because there is no way that pass is connecting.

This seems to have been improved as well. Pre-patch, even with extensive roster and slider edits, I'd still see several ridiculous pass outs even on lightly-contested layup attempts. Now, those same attempts are resulting in layups, dunks, fouls, and blocks. Out of the four games I've played, there was exactly ONE pass out of a layup animation, and it was Jason Kidd kicking it to a wide open Jason Terry with the Mavs trailing by 5 with less than a minute to go (JET nailed it, too. That Mavs game was just a great game overall). So, I'm happy with this change as well.

That's the biggest stuff I've noticed gameplay-wise. I might be able to answer some more stuff about Association fixes tonight.
Thx for the detail; much appreciated

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 01-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #284
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
my problem with the layups is that its way to easy to get an and 1...i have the slider for layups to 40 because of that...the continuation and the ball going in is almost 90 percent in if you leave the layup slider in default...

playing against the cpu or human opponent have you noticed less and 1 ingame?

What I've notice the most is blocked layups....especially on the baseline.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:55 PM   #285
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

That's what I like to read. Thank you guys. Those are "impressions" so please keep them coming.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2010, 05:33 PM   #286
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

The whole "every CPU point guard gets 14 + assists per night" that has plauged this series for years and was improved a lot by patch 1.........is really improved with patch 2

I've played four full games now post patch 2 and managed to hold the CPU PG to less than ten assists every time.

Against OKC, I held their PG to only five dimes...the lowest I've ever managed in a 2K game.

Huge improvement.

CPU players now miss open shots at a much more realistic rate also and there's a lot more ISOs IMO.

Very nice work...kind of a nice bonus as I didn't expect much from a second patch in January. A nice surprise
Old 01-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #287
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

IDK what some of u are talkin about with the cpu assists. I played at least 6 games since the patch and each game the cpu has 10+ assists, finishing the game with about 30 team assists each game. Only difference I'm seeing is that it's harder to throw full court passes and passing out of double teams. I think people were expecting to much from the patch so they're seeing things and giving false info.

Last edited by Crossover1; 01-14-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:04 PM   #288
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
What I've notice the most is blocked layups....especially on the baseline.
any new animations?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »