Home

NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #273
Banned

OVR: 1
I DONT THINK IM GOIN TO GET DA GAME... THAT 3 POINT PROBLEM SOUND HORRIBLE. SMH =(
Old 01-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #274
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch #2 Available, Post Impressions Here (PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsolidus
Ok this is starting to be the worse Impression thread ever. NO real detail what so ever of defensive adjustments and how it has help or hindered gameplay.

Whole focus has been on big man shooting 3s, ticker on screen, and player roles will somebody with online friends please explain how the Actual GAME players against another human opponent for us Xbox users.
Dude thats why you should stay off this site..........I'm not a stats guru but what I can tell you is the patch has addressed what it said it would.......

Good defense better passing and good gameplay tweak to your liking........

I really dont listen to the rest of the complaining because I think it's just silly...

Game on playa.....
Old 01-14-2010, 03:16 PM   #275
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Someone figured the key to stopping the 3 point big man issue so that is a dead issue, the Patch made the game complete, offensive and defense is balanced now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #276
SimWorld C.E.O.

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Ok this is starting to be the worse Impression thread ever. NO real detail what so ever of defensive adjustments and how it has help or hindered gameplay.
Quote:
Whole focus has been on big man shooting 3s, ticker on screen, and player roles will somebody with online friends please explain how the Actual GAME players against another human opponent for us Xbox users.
i totally agree... NO REAL DETAIL... NOTHING BUT 3 point shooting big men... dont know ur history for the poster below to make his comments but can we get some answers & impressions outside of the 3 point issue PLEASE? this issue will annoy me too BUT it has been posted & restated a million times in this thread... at least pffer insight or solution to the 3 point problem instead of reitterating it; otherwise give impressions about the "PATCH" and not turn this into "THE OFFICIAL 3POINT PROBLEM THREAD"... there is already one of those:

3-point shooting tendency issue fix thread discussion

DISCUSS IT OVER & OVER THERE WITH SOLUTIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jira2004
Dude thats why you should stay off this site..........I'm not a stats guru but what I can tell you is the patch has addressed what it said it would.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jira2004
Good defense better passing and good gameplay tweak to your liking........

I really dont listen to the rest of the complaining because I think it's just silly...

Game on playa....
all questions have not been adressed... im still waiting on answeres to these questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell
& they sign & release players? & that stupid issue of not being able to sign players like Iverson & Boykins off waivers is fixed as well?

Quote:
in the interest of finding out OTHER information than jst the 3 point shooting fiasco:

Quote:
if you have control of all 30 teams but have the transactions set to automated; do the other teams nowactually trade & sign players on thier own?

can you now sign players like Boykins during the association & can players now be released and then signed again in association mode (example: the Allen Iverson)

#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

Last edited by ronyell; 01-14-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:33 PM   #277
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:

i totally agree... NO REAL DETAIL... NOTHING BUT 3 point shooting big men... dont know ur history for the poster below to make his comments but can we get some answers & impressions outside of the 3 point issue PLEASE? this issue will annoy me too BUT it has been posted & restated a million times in this thread... at least pffer insight or solution to the 3 point problem instead of reitterating it; otherwise give impressions about the "PATCH" and not turn this into "THE OFFICIAL 3POINT PROBLEM THREAD"... there is already one of those
This. Come on people. Where's the real impressions?

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 01-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #278
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: PS3 2nd PATCH IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!!

I've played four exhibition games post patch (Mavs @ Bulls, Bulls @ Nets, Bulls @ 76ers, Grizzlies @ Bulls). I've ran the gamut of results, beat the Mavs by 3, beat the 76ers by 5, got blown out by the Nets by 19 (yikes... Nocioni was on fire, burning up his old team) and beat down the Grizz by 13. I'll just pull the items that involve more than a simple "yes, this works now" straight from the patch list and comment on them:

Quote:
Further tuned the assist logic such that the CPU should be more diligent in handing out assists to players.
Being the stat freak that I am, this was one of the fixes that I was looking forward to most, and it definitely delivered. Before this patch I would give up close to 30 assists each game against the computer—the CPU would only end up with a handful of unassisted buckets per game.

I think they may have tightened up the window of when an assist will be credited, but I've also noticed more Iso's from the CPU. This was most noticable in my game against the Mavs. Dirk would get the ball around the elbow, face away from the basket, pause for a couple seconds, maybe do a shoulder fake to the left or right, then do his ridiculous fadeaway. It was awesome, even though he was burning me with it.

Quote:
Pass accuracy has been toned down for passes out of a double team, passes out of contact shots, and non-inbound full court passes.
I think there is a nice balance with these now. The good passers have little trouble with double teams and long passes. But if you try passing out of a contact animation with someone like Joakim Noah, you might as well start running back to get on defense because there is no way that pass is connecting.

Quote:
CPU players are now much more selective when choosing to pass the ball while attacking the basket.
This seems to have been improved as well. Pre-patch, even with extensive roster and slider edits, I'd still see several ridiculous pass outs even on lightly-contested layup attempts. Now, those same attempts are resulting in layups, dunks, fouls, and blocks. Out of the four games I've played, there was exactly ONE pass out of a layup animation, and it was Jason Kidd kicking it to a wide open Jason Terry with the Mavs trailing by 5 with less than a minute to go (JET nailed it, too. That Mavs game was just a great game overall). So, I'm happy with this change as well.

That's the biggest stuff I've noticed gameplay-wise. I might be able to answer some more stuff about Association fixes tonight.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino

Last edited by rspencer86; 01-14-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:06 PM   #279
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

One of the biggest things I notice yesterday playing in a few games last night. Were miss layups in heavy traffic. I also saw a possession where...My opponent missed a wide open dunk. Then back the other way. I missed another wide open dunk. This was all online. I had several games where I had to question my opponent over the mic. "Did you change the sliders?".....3 guys answered the samething....."What are sliders?"....lol Easy way to know that means no.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:19 PM   #280
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
One of the biggest things I notice yesterday playing in a few games last night. Were miss layups in heavy traffic. I also saw a possession where...My opponent missed a wide open dunk. Then back the other way. I missed another wide open dunk. This was all online. I had several games where I had to question my opponent over the mic. "Did you change the sliders?".....3 guys answered the samething....."What are sliders?"....lol Easy way to know that means no.

Wow now this is the kinda stuff i'm talking about the meat and potatoes of the patch.

Can't believe you missed a open dunk in a online match and missed layups in heavy traffic is sounding great. So waiting on this patch for xbox, all my friends are in purgatory waiting on this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »