Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2* within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-14-2010, 02:08 AM   #409
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Gah, the waiting is killing me. I want to hear more about RTTS mode and namely about if the logic system for how the game handles your player will be tweaked. Nothing more annoying than how the game will call you up from dominating in AAAs only to sit on the bench behind an All-Star as if that's some kind of step up. Especially when the the AAA All Star game is coming up and I get called up and miss it and the extra skill points. Or how no matter how good a pitcher you are in the minor league you're almost never higher than the #5 pitcher in the rotation.
On the same vein as your concerns with RTTS, I hope that in MLB 10 if I finish the season being a starter in AAA and I am right behind the ball clubs best rated player at that position, there is no excuse for me to start my next season in AAA as a bench player, especially if the player they are starting is significantly worse ratings-wise.

Some people would like to have a chance to win a batting title in the minors you know.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:58 AM   #410
Rookie

OVR: 6

I will probably play it a lot! Mostly because I donīt want to mess up when the real HR Derby comes along in my franchise.
AND I will play it a lot with a friend of mine who is not so much into baseball at all (if that is even possible I mean 2 Player 1 console HR Derby???). But hopefully he will experience the beauty of it by playing HR Derby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
My goodness I can't believe the lengthy discussion about the HR derby camera. It's probably going to be something that most of us play less than 10 times.

I agree it would be nice to have a camera that shows the majesty behind some of our big flies and a graphic showing where all our HRs were hit but I have to believe the development team has bigger issues/bugs to deal with this late in the development cycle.

I mean what would you rather have them work on: the HR camera or perfecting the broadcast camera that we might use every game.

I agree with Nemesis who said about 30 pages ago that SCEA probably just wants to get it in the game this year and will work out the bells and whistles over the course of the year for MLB 2011.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #411
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

I don't know if anybody can answer this question here or not, but here goes.............

My biggest single gripe with this series over the past three years that I have played it is that the fielding is just too "automatic" for my taste, meaning that even set to MANUAL, the AI will make initial moves to the ball for you and in some cases makes a bone-headed decision to let an easy groundball just scoot by I want full control of my destiny on the field defensively and not have the AI screw me over more times than I care to see!!!!

Does anyone know from the information that's been shared thus far and the impressions from hands on gameplay if they have freed up the fielding at all, giving the user more control??? OMFG, I HOPE SO!!! Having the lack of control that MANUAL should allow for a fourth year straight may just be enough to make me not buy it this year.

The online lag is another concern but will not impact my decision to buy like the fielding will.

PSN: hoos4974
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #412
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Hoos,

No information yet. All we know so far is that "fielding has received love".

Will have to wait for developer blogs and other information to come out in the coming weeks.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #413
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
I don't know if anybody can answer this question here or not, but here goes.............

My biggest single gripe with this series over the past three years that I have played it is that the fielding is just too "automatic" for my taste, meaning that even set to MANUAL, the AI will make initial moves to the ball for you and in some cases makes a bone-headed decision to let an easy groundball just scoot by I want full control of my destiny on the field defensively and not have the AI screw me over more times than I care to see!!!!

Does anyone know from the information that's been shared thus far and the impressions from hands on gameplay if they have freed up the fielding at all, giving the user more control??? OMFG, I HOPE SO!!! Having the lack of control that MANUAL should allow for a fourth year straight may just be enough to make me not buy it this year.

The online lag is another concern but will not impact my decision to buy like the fielding will.
Reason #1 why I do play 2K from time to time.
Like what was just said the fielding has "received some love" but I'd venture to bet we will still just be guiding animations and not really feel like we are in control of the fielding as much as we'd like.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #414
Rookie

OVR: 4
Man, that broadcast camera is absolutely beautiful. That's the first time I've watched a video game and actually felt like I was watching a real game. I can tell though that the authentic broadcast perspective will make it a bit more difficult to field, just a slight learning curve probably.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #415
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul2zion
Man, that broadcast camera is absolutely beautiful. That's the first time I've watched a video game and actually felt like I was watching a real game. I can tell though that the authentic broadcast perspective will make it a bit more difficult to field, just a slight learning curve probably.
I agree! I was watching the video and kept saying how 'realistic' it looked. From the videos, fly balls look like they will have more opportunities to get over OF's heads with regularity. Also, the richochets off the walls should present challenges as well. It will be interesting to see how infield play has been tweaked to make it feel more user controlled. That dev. blog on fielding can't come soon enough!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #416
Rookie

OVR: 5

Anybody notice this from the videos shakedowncapo posted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcuLwF7MdaE#t=3m12s

How clever! Something I've wanted for RTTS for a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »