Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2* within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #393
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA *Day 2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
This is what Pared means by 'slight delay in camera angle transition from batter to ball-flight.'

I love Braun's followthrough swing here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJyvXIbJl9M#t=4m16s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcuLwF7MdaE#t=7m52s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcuLwF7MdaE#t=1m32s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJyvXIbJl9M#t=1m13s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJyvXIbJl9M#t=1m28s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJyvXIbJl9M#t=2m28s

I know that's a lot of examples..But I want you guys to see get the picture LOL.
Yes, please!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:15 PM   #394
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

All I want is for online to be lag-free and allow us to use the pitcher cam online and I will be happy as a clam!!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #395
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
All I want is for online to be lag-free and allow us to use the pitcher cam online and I will be happy as a clam!!

No pitcher cam online this year, sadly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #396
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
When you offer no opinion and stick me with it comes across as if you think my idea was lame. It's moot anyway because Russell PM'd me stating that camera angle suggestions should be saved for next years wish list.
So to clarify, and put to rest the guessing, are you saying that Russell is saying that what we saw for the HR Derby is what we get? There are no other angles for this year besides the low/medium/high?

I said before and I will say it again, it won't phase me one bit if this is the case. But you made a comment and I wanted to see if you could clarify so everyone can know the case and move on.

If all he said was that we should put in our request for some of the cooler camera angles in the Wishlist thread, then that really doesn't answer the million dollar question (ok $10,000 question). But I am curious if he clarified anything with you in the PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #397
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

I had sent him the link to the All Star Baseball 2005 Home Run Derby video (which I posted earlier) in case he's not keeping up with this thread. His response was that I should save it for next years wish list thread. The current status of the camera angles are unknown, and if there will be further tweaks or changes on their part is also unknown.

Sounds to me like they are satisfied with what they have in place for this years version, but that's just a guess.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #398
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Sounds to me that it is unknown because it is still being worked on.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #399
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
I had sent him the link to the All Star Baseball 2005 Home Run Derby video (which I posted earlier) in case he's not keeping up with this thread. His response was that I should save it for next years wish list thread. The current status of the camera angles are unknown, and if there will be further tweaks or changes on their part is also unknown.

Sounds to me like they are satisfied with what they have in place for this years version, but that's just a guess.
I don't know if anyone's really looking to get ASB's camera angles, but we just need something that tracks the ball. Like I said, I'd much prefer seeing something that I'd see on TV (essentially, a broadcast cam that follows the ball's flight).

But hey, if it beats a shadow, I'm in.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #400
Banned

OVR: 60

I can only guess that they are being deluged with tons of PMs from guys asking everything from fixing their favorite team jersey, to camera angles, to pitch deliveries, etc. From that I'm guessing there isn't anyone sitting down and sifting through them at this point. Those doors were closed.

The doors were shut on a lot of stuff, if you recall, weeks ago because of production. Can somethings be changed, perhaps yes, but SCEA is not now going to sit down and go through a ton of requests, which I believe they are getting as they were here for months asking for input.

Are they aware of what has been posted here REPEATEDLY about this homerun derby thing, lol, oh, I'm sure.

We'll see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »